View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #60
Shaolin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
What kind of Wi-Fi setup do you have? I'm using pretty much the exact same setup with 5.0.0.238 that I also used with 5.0.0.190, 5.0.0.130, 4.6.1.250 -- and it has worked fine with all of them. Seems good overall -- about the same as it was in 190, although not quite as stable as it was with 4.6.1.250. But, in general, it connects quickly when in range of my router (I'm using a Linksys WRTU54G-TM, WPA2-Personal / TKIP), I can make excellent (and lengthy) voice calls, data speeds are excellent, and it seems that all my apps are happy talking over the connection.

What kind of issues were you having?
For some reason it wouldn't connect to any open/secured Wifi at all.. I thought originally it was because of my Wifi that was an issue, but even trying to connect to a holiday inn or other open networks wouldn't automatically occur either, even when I try to connect to it manually it would still not connect for me.

I deleted my wifi profiles to try to start from scratch, and it still wouldn't connect.. So after reverting back to 4.6 I scan for my secure network, punch in my information and voila, connects like a charm.

I can't wait for 5.0 to be official though, I really liked that OS.
Offline   Reply With Quote