View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #89
jcarey

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Installed the BMW BTUM (Bluetooth Upgrade module)

Hi guys,
Just joined today and saw thsi thread and thought my experience might be of interest. I bought a 2004 BMW 745i last month and it did not come with a phone handlset installed but it had the BMW Assist feature. In researching how to add a BT module for hands free phone use, it turns out that my car was prewired for a CPT9000 phone and V-60 series handsets. This phone system supprots a BTUM in place of the handset so I bought oen used off a BMW discussion forum (New Cars, Used Cars For Sale, Car Prices, Car Reviews, Forums, Videos and the largest automotive community & social network at Roadfly.com) and inastalled it today.

The results were great: Installation took 1 minute, pairing it with my BB 8800 worked first time but the phone needed a numeric code that came with the BTUM to complete the pairing process. Once it was done, my phone nos stored in my phone all loaded into the cars memory automatically. Once I browsed the communications menu, I found that the recent calls were saved and displayed a numbers instead of names. Everything worked including placing a call from the steering wheel.