View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 06:19 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: HSBC mobile banking app UK for passport

If you can't get it to work and you know it should work, you next step is do a security wipe.

You could do a reset to factory defaults, but I wonder about the possibility of memory (settings) not actually getting cleared. That is just a gap in my knowledge.

But the idea is corrupt data or settings is causing a glitch with the app, potentially. So, to continue the rationale, do a security wipe, then do setup, but don't do a full restore yet. Add the banking app and test. If I'm right, it should work. If the apps gets broken again when you restore, then you probably restored the problem.

Before you start, do a full backup and also do partial backups of each datbase with Link. There are three in the partial backup. I would also use a third-party backup app such as ultimate backup so that if you have to you can backup and restore on a more granular level. With a third-party app you can restore just contacts, calendar, remember, and so forth.

A third-party app will not backup password keeper. You can export the database to a file or set the app to backup to the BlackBerry cloud.

Your BBM contacts are automatically backed up.

Good luck.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile