View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
bloodmoney

Model: 8100
Default Problem setting up hotmail

Please Login to Remove!

When I recieved my pearl last week I went through all of the set up modules and was able to add my hotmail account as one of my emails. I receive all emails from hotmail on the pearl now with no problem. My wife received her replacement pearl today and I proceeded to set it up for her as I had done with mine. When I entered her hotmail account I received a message telling me that I would have to go to upgrade.msn.com or something like that were I would have to pay $20 to have her hotmail account set up with some type of outlook services. I did not have to do this with my hotmail setup so I called cingular tech support and the guy tells me that since hotmail is not POP like yahoo or msn I would have to pay microsoft the $20 to get the wife's email to work. BullSh!t I say. I told the guy I'm sitting here reading my hotmail emails and I didn't pay a dime for it(aside from my data fees of course). He try's to tell me that I got lucky or something.WTF???

So my questions are: 1. Did I beat the system?
2. Is my tech support guy an idiot?
3. Is hotmail not a POP services?
4. How do I fix this?

Oh yeah, he did tell me that I could make a blackberry email account that would receive all of my hotmails and then be forwarded to the pearl. But this option seems dumb to me.

I have a little envelope that has a little globe on it for my hotmail account on the menu screen of the pearl. How do I get my wife one of those?

thanks in advance,

bloodmoney