View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #15
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

The 7250 is rumored to be a very good model, so I would tentatively put it in the same category as 7290 and 7520.

First models of a new BlackBerry can sometimes be unstable, so I am waiting for a review -- sometimes they need a BlackBerryOS upgrade or two, before they run stable.

The 7250 also is supposed to have EV-DO, which makes it the BlackBerry with the fastest radio transmissions. Up to 2 megabits per second! (Typically 300-500 Kbps). Although the CPU is probably no faster, it does have all the extra features necessary for speeding up 6000 contacts -- such as more RAM to reduce slow flash-ROM "swapping" (less hourglass while running multiple programs). And on top of this, double the flash ROM to 32meg, so there's more memory free.

I'm almost tempted to switch to Bell Mobility just for the 7250, consider I am now paying Rogers $300 per month because I use more than 25 megabytes (Rogers has no true unlimited plan.)

I am just a hobbyist on this BlackBerryForums.com site (Read: unpaid volunteer!)
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Offline   Reply With Quote