Model: 9000B
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus
Default BPS: Enterprise activation fails but BB connects momentarilly

Please Login to Remove!

BPS v4.1.4.17
SBS 2003 sp2

Hi,
This is my first setup & I'm pulling my hair out at this stage so I'm hoping someone can give me a little inspiration.

Problem:
I've added a BB to the Blackberry Manager, setup the default IT policy and set the activation pwd. When I try enterprise activation on BB it hangs and comes back saying server unavilable, please contact system admin, when I check the BB Manager I can see that it connected for a moment, received the pin but no messages were forwarded.

Setup:
1. I created a Besadmin account on the server and gave it all the permissions as requested on the BB documentation.
2. Installed the BB Manager & used the created Besadmin account.
3. Started the iMapi service
4. Added the CAL licence and the new phone.
5. Exchange & BB Manager are on the same server in the same domain

Steps taken:
1. Checked with Optus and the phones are correctly provisoned with the correct service books.
2. Recreated the besadmin account, double and triple checked the permissions.
3. Deleted & readded the phone, setup sniffer on the network, I can see 2way communication between my server and the BB ip address but then the connection is terminated. I see a check sum error between traffic form my server and BB
4. Checked the BB Support page and being through all these steps, for problem KB13458 ( sorry can't post urls)

I'm hoping its something small I'm missing but I just can't see what it is. Give me an early Xmas present and help point me in the right direction
Offline   Reply With Quote