View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 03:37 AM   #36
ffejie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW
Default Used to get real time

I'm on VZW with a Gmail account. I recently logged in and saw that there was an upgrade to BIS2.0. Liking upgrades, and hearing some good things about BIS2.0, I upgraded. Now, I don't get real time email anymore.

I used to have my gmail account forward all emails to my vzw.blackberry.net address and it was instant communication (as soon as it hit the gmail pop, it would hit the blackberry pop, and my device). I also had all replies set to reply to gmail, and I bcc'd my own gmail account so I had a record of what I said. This worked really well. The gmail account was my email account and the blackberry account was just a dumb forwarder.

Now, I upgrade to BIS2.0 and it takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes to get my email. Right now, I have BIS2.0 checking my gmail account (and my vzw.blackerry.net account).

Basically, I just want to go back to the old way. Is there anyway to downgrade my account to the way it used to be? I can't seem to get it working like it used to if I try to forward my gmail to my blackberry account. Any advice?

Edit: It appears I can go back to the old way by telling the BB to reconcile with Web Client and just forwarding my email the old way. Still testing it though.

Edit: After further testing, it appears I got lucky a few times. It is taking about 5 minutes max for the message to get in. Not bad, but no where near the instant communication I used to get.

Last edited by ffejie; 04-30-2006 at 04:27 AM..