Old 08-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #5
akg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: Mont Blanc
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneToronto View Post
Isn't ICE meant to be for emergency personnel to identify information they should/need to know?

I don't think they are going to go through your folders, media card, etc seeking that information.

You're better off with a medic alert or putting a piece of paper in your wallet.
I agree with this. There's no way anyone is going to be looking all through your phone in an emergency to find various documents. I believe the ICE idea was to put a phone number in your cell phone's address book stored as a contact named "ICE". That way they know exactly whom to contact just by calling ICE. I think this is what people know to look for, but I could be wrong.

If you have a power of attorney or other documents, it's probably best to keep something in your wallet. That's what I do with my medical power of attorney. Even though it would be nice to have something available for people to see who all my doctors and attorneys are and to see my prescriptions and other information, I just don't think it's practical. Even if it had a big catchy home screen icon that said "CLICK ME IN CASE OF EMERGENCY" I wouldn't rely on that.

BES 4.1.6 Exchange 2003 SP2