BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
IpodLover77
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Default Final Word on LCD Replacement from CNN?

Please Login to Remove!

BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM earspeaker grille and LED cover- LG, NEC, 3G, Mobiado, Dopod/O2, Sony, Microsoft, Acer, Apple, Panasonic, Alcatel
BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM LCD screen w/ lens- Tools, SonyEricsson, Microsoft, Motorola, Accessories Store, Nokia, Mobiado, Ben

does anyone know for sure if these two parts are bought than it will work perfectly? I understand that some of the products that CNN sell are not OEM, and was wondering if this was any different. Does anyone know if this screen is less in quality, looks duller, cheaply made, etc etc? I read alot of threads regarding this and i came away with mixed answers. Some of you say its the same exact screen and that you should buy it while this
Things you should know incase you want to replace your BB screen (important read) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
says, you shouldnt buy it.
If i had money laying around i would buy it and see for myself but unfortunately i dont lol.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
ScottMB4
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I bought just the LCD and was a little disappointed when it didn't include the grill. However, I was able to get it off my old one without causing any other damage. The screen looked pretty much identical to me from the outside except for a few things here and there (the CN tags). I can not tell you about the brightness, etc because the LCD did not fix my phone. My phone had an internal issue.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
IpodLover77
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMB4 View Post
I bought just the LCD and was a little disappointed when it didn't include the grill. However, I was able to get it off my old one without causing any other damage. The screen looked pretty much identical to me from the outside except for a few things here and there (the CN tags). I can not tell you about the brightness, etc because the LCD did not fix my phone. My phone had an internal issue.
damn. Weird question, but how'd it feel? Just like the real one? Im thinking about buying one (for a spare) but dont want to buy something that doesnt produce the same breath taking quality that the OEM screen shows.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
muck
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: optus

i have never had any problems with steve at cnn, i doubt u will see any difference between his lcd's and your current lcd.
if i had a problem with my lcd, the first thing i would do without hesitation is order one from cnn, end of story.

big deal, that the guy from crackberry didnt get all the parts sent with his lcd, doesnt mean the lcd is inferior in anyway shape or form.

Last edited by muck; 01-09-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old 01-10-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
ScottMB4
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

It felt, and looked just like the original (only the CNN one has CN tags...)