Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
tlitterio

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Blackberry Curve Automatically deleting calendar entries after 60 days

Please Login to Remove!

I currently have a user that would like to have ALL of his calendar entries on his blackberry, and no matter what I do it continues to keep deleting them after around 60 days. He has around 2300 appointments that he wants on his BB, going all the way back to 2001. We are on a BES and use Outlook 2003. The service he uses is AT&T. I found the setting under calendar to Keep Appointments, and set it to Forever, but still after around 60 days, they go away from his device. I have the same device with T-Mobile with the same settings and I too am having my calendar dates disappear after 60 days.

The user maintains that at his old firm, he was able to keep all of his calendar entries. I have tried moving the calendar appointments in Outlook to a backup folder, watching the BB device to make sure they disappear off of there, then copy them back to no avail. I have found a couple of articles on RIM’s site about reloading all of the calendar entries and that didn’t work either. Is there a poicy on the BES that may have been setup that makes the devices delete calendar appts. After 60 days? I am the local IT Manager and do not have access to change anything on the BES, and the person who does is at a loss too; neither of us have eve r had this request before… ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
Tony
Old 06-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

Do any of the users have Desktop Manager installed? If so, check the Calendar settings there as well.

Is the device low on memory?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
!3unn!3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 31A318E2
Carrier: Sprint

Menu> Options> Status= Check that mans memory!!!
Name- Mike
Loves BBF!!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
tlitterio

His says the same thing mine does...
Free 15,158,998
Total 52,953,088

Does this mean we need to add memory? What does this mean exactly?

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
greg2step
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

save all media on an SD card, don't put any media (picts, musics, ringtones, vids) on ths system memory. the device does not allocate well when you do
Old 06-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
mattlane
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: 02

If you have set the option to keep appointments forever then he is low on memory the fact that he has some free now is because his calendar appointments have been deleted. Does he need to keep his email forever. Set email to 60 days or less. How many contacts does he have ? if he has 10000s of contacts you could move these to a separate contacts folder outside the root contacts folder.

To free up some memory uninstalll all unused languages and apps these take up a lot of memory to check remotely if he has languages or unwanted apps installed you can use the blackberry handheld configuration tool on the bes.

Select the handheld tab double click his username & select Applications.

TO uninstall inwanted language you can use desktop manager and the appropriate handheld software (loader file).
Old 06-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
tlitterio

His messages are set to 30 Days. I don't have access to the handheld manager on the BES, I will try it with desktop manager.

Thanks!
Closed Thread