Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Maxdive

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus
Default Address Book Issue - Support Required - Missing Entries on Sync

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 8310 and I need to send it off for repair, so I'm trying to transfer my data to a spare 8707.

Upon completing my device switch using v5 of the desktop software, the spare handset only has 79 contacts that have transferred across. There are actually over 300 and I can see names in the old handset that don't appear in the new one.

I've then attemted to sync the contacts from my 8310 into Outlook so I could collect them from there and again, only 79 contacts apprear in Outlook and I can see names in the handset that haven't synced into outlook.

I've then gone into the address book properties, and viewed Address Books
Under Address Books there is a name "Desktop" and when I click there, it lists the following:
Wireless Sync - Not Available
Number of Entries - 79

So my question is, if the address book only lists 79 entries within "Desktop" where are all the other entries? AND how can I sync them across?

I've already checked the SIM, no the entries are not on the SIM card, in fact I have removed the SIM altogether.

So I suspect there is an additional address book that carries the remaining 220 odd entries, how do I locate it and transfer them to the new device?

One point to consider:
I have had a few BB's and I suspect that the 79 entries that I'm picking up are the ones that I have entered into this handset, the missing 220 could be the ones that I transferred from the hanset I owned prior.

Please help.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Are the contacts on the BB or the sim card.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Maxdive

The contacts are on the BlackBerry.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Wirelessly posted (Tmo's cheapest BB customer)

How did you transfer the contacts in the first place? I would imagine sycning to Outlook and then from Outlook to your device would be easiest.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

There are no other address books listed? Have you tried looking at the handheld db's via the Backup utility (in advanced mode)?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Maxdive

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
There are no other address books listed? Have you tried looking at the handheld db's via the Backup utility (in advanced mode)?
Good thinking, in Advance mode two address books have come up.

Address Book: 79 Entries
Address Book All: 275 Entries

So, how can I get both address books to transfer to my replacement handset?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
Maxdive

In addition to the above, I've tried to sync both address books but the desktop manager will only pick up the address book with 79 entries. I've also gone into Advance Settings/Default Services and only one address book is listed.

So I can see that I'm not crazy and the second address book exists when viewing the database through desktop manager, but can get the details into the new handset.
Closed Thread