Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
wling82

Model: Curve
PIN: 240EADB7
Carrier: ATT
Default GridMagic

Please Login to Remove!

I was wandering if anyone uses Gridmagic for editing Excel sheets..

Here's whats up --

After youre done editing, they have an option to 'Send with GridMagic' that allows you to attach the edited .xls and send via e-mail....

Don't get me wrong, thats a nice option to have right there on your Compose screen, but you have to pay for the attachment option yearly in addition the basic software.

Moving on... GridMagic also allows you to 'save' the work in progess, but I can't seem to find the actual file to maybe send as an attachment manually (without the fancy option from GM).

Any Ideas? I plan on buying the software but didn't really want to pay for a years worth of attachment options if it's not necessary.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: AT&T

That's the point- they want you to buy the license every year so, no, you can't attach the file from your BB.

.... Which is why I eagerly await Documents to Go from DataViz later this year. It opens and edits the native file without pulling an Apple-esque DRM-type stunt and make is impossible to do anything with except on their proprietary platform.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
wling82

Model: Curve
PIN: 240EADB7
Carrier: ATT

So, will that new app be a one-time charge use unlimited use? Thats basically what im looking for.. I dont mind buying something at all, just don't want to pay a yearly fee just to email it back to my boss.

Id buy eCell, but its just to expensive for what I do.. (needing to simply add numbers to a few cells and email it back to the office).
Old 07-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #4
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: AT&T

On my palm tungsten a few years ago it was a one time fee but it also didn't have data or phone so there was nothing extra they *could* charge for. Check out their website for yourself. Who knows what they'll actually release until they do.

I tried ecell last night and it was a nightmare... Mouse wouldn't work even after it prompted me if I wanted to activate it. Pretty big problem for such a pricey program. I didn't even bother trying to fix it --- DELETE!

I remember seeing somewhere on the forums someone refer to a VERY simple ss program that was free and let you edit and save... It was too simple for my needs but you may want to search around a little. If I find it again I'll post a link. Anyone else know what I'm referring to?
Closed Thread