Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
SWybrow

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Default Calendar sync issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hello.
I have a 9780 that I sync with Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. The problem I am having is that somehow I have wound up with a 'Facebook' calendar on my phone as well as my regular one linked to my email address. I have put a bunch of items on my phone that I would like to sync with my desktop, but they have been put on my Facebook calendar and do not show on my regular calendar. I know I can select to look at both on my phone and that I can sync each one individually, but what I would like to do is get rid of the Facebook calendar on my phone and have all the items that I have entered on it put on my regular calendar.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Calendar sync issues

I can't tell you for sure how to get rid of the facebook calendar, permanently. See what others say or search if no one comes around with the answer. My guess is first de-link your facebook sync however you do it. I don't have a clue if it is an option in the facebook, or what. At any rate, undo it what ever it is so that once you delete the facebook calendar it will not be recreated. But hold off before you do that....

Do a full backup.

Check default services in options. Make sure the default CICAL and default CMIME are set to the email address you want to use.

Open the calendar app and then selection options. Highlight the facebook calendar (which I assume will be there with the other calendars.) Type move. You will not see the letters when you type, but you will be prompted whether to move all appointments to the default calendar, or something along those lines. Click yes, or whatever. Repeat for the other calendars, if you want.

Now, if you want to, and it sounds like you do, use desktop manager to delete the facebook calendar database.

Now sync. Desktop manager will sync Outlook with the default CICAL.