Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
RydeWitM3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Please Help!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, so I received my new BB 8700G on Friday, and Charged it Overnight, then today I installed Ramble IM OTA, and BB Messenger, and I synced it with Outlook 2003 that had my Contacts and Memos. Later in the day, I looked at my BlackBerry and noticed I had a blank white screen and in the middle it said "JVM Error: 535" and it has a option for reset. I called T-mobile, and all they had me do was download the latest Desktop Manager, and the 8700 Handheld software and restore it back to factory spec. Well the first time it failed!!! The second time it went through successfully and when it was starting up i go the same error message. What am I gonna do, I love this thing, but its already giving me grief!!!!!!

Any Ideas Guys?

O, I forgot to mention I also tried the Java Command Line Utility (i think thats what it is called) and I told it to wipe the blackberry, and then i quit), and I did another restore, where it loads the handheld software completely, and It failed and said Unspecified Error encountered.

Please Help Me Guys.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
nsbalt
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700C

I had to wipe my 8700c and reload..

see my thread http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=28940

You can also do a search in the forum for reload of OS. There are plenty of threads covering the topic.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
Heinco

Model: 8700g
Default 8700g and addressbook help please

I'm a new BB 8700g user.can't get my addressbook to sync with pc.
At the point of taking 200 contact entries out and starting over. Are ther any threads on this?

Also, are personal signatures possible on email sent by the BB 8700g. Can't find the option for making signature.

Thanks for help

heinco
Old 04-22-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
jen628
Knows Where the Search Button Is

My blackberry freezes when i click on internet browser and it just stays highlighted on that icon, it won't move to any other icon. and sometimes when i load pages I get the white screen too. sometimes it says gateway bad 505. Is this the same thing or anything similar like you guys? I only have mine for 3 days! I don't want to dish out another couple of hundred for the phone is after 14 days is up!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
nsbalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinco
At the point of taking 200 contact entries out and starting over. Are ther any threads on this?

Also, are personal signatures possible on email sent by the BB 8700g. Can't find the option for making signature.

Thanks for help

heinco
For the signature line, log into MyTmobile (www.tmobile.com) and select email (lower left hand side). There you can edit any email address that you set up.

For the sync issue.... what application are you trying to sync with and what operating system (win or mac)?

Also, be sure to try to find answers to your questions by using the SEARCH button in this forum. You will be told many times by members to use the search option 1st before posting a question.

Especially for newbees, chances are your initial questions have already been answered many times. Just trying to give you a heads up. Some people on here not too keen on people who do not use the search option.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
nsbalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen628
My blackberry freezes when i click on internet browser and it just stays highlighted on that icon, it won't move to any other icon. and sometimes when i load pages I get the white screen too. sometimes it says gateway bad 505. Is this the same thing or anything similar like you guys? I only have mine for 3 days! I don't want to dish out another couple of hundred for the phone is after 14 days is up!

Jen, is everything else operating ok with your 8700?? Also, are you able to get out to the internet? Have you configured the browser? (while in the browser, click the dial and select "Options", then "Browser Configuration". Check your settings.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #7
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinco

Thanks for help

heinco
Welcome to Blackberryforums. We're glad you became a member. However, please make sure that you dont accidently, "Hijack" a thread.

Hijacking a thread means posting a question that does not relate to the topic on hand in an existing thread.

Thanks for understanding,
Old 04-23-2006, 05:35 AM   #8
Heinco

Thanks,
Sorry for the mistake.
I'm using outlook on windows XP
Heinco
Old 04-23-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
Heinco

To: Super Moderator and nsbalt:
First, thanks for the tip on email signature. It worked out very well.
Please excuse my unfamiliar and incorrect use of threads and the forum itself.
I've never used a forum or message type board begore. Additionally, I'm not a technical person.
I appreciate your patience with my early attempts at navigating the forum.
Setting up the Blackberry device has been a huge and frustrating undertaking, progress has been made, however.

I will catch on to the forum's procedures quickly.

Many thanks,
Heinco
Old 04-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #10
nsbalt

Heinco,

Have you loaded your Blackberry Desktop software (Desktop Manager)? If you have not - load it.

If you have, click on "Intellisync".
Then select "Configure PIM..."

That should point you in the right direction for setting up your sync with outlook. If you are still having issues, please post as much detail as you can with the problem you are having.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
jen628
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Everything on the BB seems find, but it was just that one point that when i click on internet browser that it freezes on me. I can not click or highlight anything else, even when people call in, it just freezes on the incoming call screen. Can not press ignore or answer. But after I called Tmobile, ( on another phone) they taught me how to reset the bb, it seems fine now. They said it was probably that specific area that the service was bad, and I try to log ontot he internet. but I had a cap EDGE on my phone. Now is that possible or there just trying to comfort me?
Closed Thread