BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
jdvegas123
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel/Sprint
Default Changing account now having issues?

Please Login to Remove!

Guys,

I have followed to a T on how to change the account the BES uses. I had to change the account because it was installed with the Domain Admin account. I got down to the step where I am suppose to start the services and a few of them wont start. If I try to open the Blackberry Manger I get the following error.

Database login failure using trusted credentials. Please try again.

Then I am prompted with the database authentication screen it asks for the account and password to get into the BESMgmt database. Any clues on how to correct this?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
jdvegas123

Actually I believe I blotched the SQL part. I overlooked that part. My question now is where do I go to make those sql changes? I dont have a sql console that I can make the db and account changes. Any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

The error you were getting was the the windows account couldn't access the database ... you can either change the authentication through BlackBerry Server Configuration to use SQL authentication and use sa or some other database user, or you can login to the SQL server and give the new account access through enterprise manager.

What procedure did you follow?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #4
jdvegas123

I would like to give the new besadmin account I created access to the db, but dont know how. I dont have any tools that I am aware of to access sql to make that account name/password change. Is it a command line tool or do I need to download a tool set? We dont have a full blown copy of sql on the server. Any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
jdvegas123

Ok, I fixed it. I didnt realize that sql was running on a member server. Once I added the besadmin account to the local admin group on that member server I was able to get into the BB manager and all services started up correctly. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Glad to hear you're fixed! You don't need to make BES Admin a local administrator on the SQL server if you don't want to. You can grant it the "system administrator" role within SQL Server, which will give it all the required permissions for the database. While what you've done is much the same, this would take the account out of the local administrators group which would be recommended best security practice.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
jdvegas123

Ok, great! Now Im getting blackberry controller issues in the event log. Any clue?

The description for Event ID ( 20406 ) in Source ( BlackBerry Controller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: '*****' agent 1: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours.
Closed Thread