BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 AM   #1
ElectricHarmony

Model: 8100
Cool 3 Questions, Please Help

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, my husband and I just got our first two lovely little blackberries, opting for the pearl of course Gosh! In our two days with it, almost everything makes sense and WE LOVE IT! So... we just have a few simple questions.

1. How do you access the "Music" and "Video" folders after you hook it up to the desktop? Ours only show the "Ringtones" and "Pictures" folders. I hope this isn't a silly question or already answered on the forum somewhere

2. How do we get all our e-mail accounts into the one "Messages" application instead of having three separate accounts and icons on the main screen, or is that possible?

3. And one more question, I can't seem to find anywhere, is there a speakerphone option?

B. Oh and how about a bonus question...is it NORMAL to be so attached to this thing? Is everyone like that? I have trouble putting it down for 2 minutes, and in two days, I already feel I'd be lost without it! It seems, this thing is becoming "my baby".

= love
Old 12-05-2006, 05:59 AM   #2
Spawneh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone NZ

I haven't seen this device yet still waiting for them to hit Australia, so can't answer 1).

2) If your referring to 3 seperate BIS email address's showing as 3 different icons on the current version 4.1 HH's they show as 3 icons but all email can be viewed in the standard messaging screen so I guess you could hide the others if yours is the same.

3) start a call and then click the trackwheel? see if its and option there..
Old 12-05-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
GMK
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: TMO

When in a call, press the "OP" key to turn on the speakerphone. If you look real hard at this key you will see a speaker icon.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #4
voda_black
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Question 2: Yes, you can just use the Standard messges box and hide the others.
Question 3: Alternative to GMK's method above is when you are in a call, press the "Options" key (to the left of trackball) and click Activate Speakerphone.

Bonus Question: It is very normal
Old 12-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #5
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricHarmony
1. How do you access the "Music" and "Video" folders after you hook it up to the desktop? Ours only show the "Ringtones" and "Pictures" folders. I hope this isn't a silly question or already answered on the forum somewhere
I believe the Music and Video folders only show up once you have a microSD card installed in the phone. I'm assuming you don't yet?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
ElectricHarmony

Ahhh thanks Spawneh, I'm so glad this doesn't mean I have to have 3 or more icons taking up the front screen just for e-mail

Woo! I'm so glad there's a speakerphone GMK and thanks for letting me know it's normal to get so attached to the blackberry Voda

Xyrcnpc, now that you say that, it makes perfectly good sense! Neither of us have the micro SD yet, so I'm sure that's the problem.

thanks everyone for such quick responses!