Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
onigik

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTel
Post Word To Go + doc formats

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone,
I just got the BB Bold that came packed with some aditional applications such as Word, Sheet and Slideshow To Go. Unfortunately without me knowing my little son got a hold of the device and guess what, one of them (Word To Go) was deleted Can anyone of you tell me please, whether it is possible and if yes, from where, to download the application again.
My second qustion is related to the document formats that the BB Bold supports. From what I've realized documents that are released via MS Office 2007 can not be opened (unrecognized document format), such as docx., xlsx., pptx. and etc. Is there a solution for that "problem" that enyone of you knows? I'm asking becasue these formats will become more and more polular in the near future and if there is no application supporting them, then many BB users will have a problem.
I'll really appreciate your reply and please excuse me if this topic has already been discussed among th forum members, but I've just registered and didn't have the chance so search more carefully.
Thank you once again!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Sounds like you might want to register your version of DTG and then check for updates support all Office '07 documents is included in the latest update.

You can also load the Bold OS on your computer and run the App loader to reload DTG completely.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
onigik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Sounds like you might want to register your version of DTG and then check for updates support all Office '07 documents is included in the latest update.

You can also load the Bold OS on your computer and run the App loader to reload DTG completely.
Hi, thank you for giving reply to my post! Frankly, where I'm from BlackBerry is not that popular and may be you can easily count the people using it in total yet I'm a huge fan of it and constantly use it in business from 3 years. The problem is that I am not sure how to follow your advice, namely I do not know how and where to register my version of the DTG (with a risk of appearing silly Ill have to admit that I don't know what it means). Last but not least, from where can I get the Bold OS.
Once again, I may sound like an idiot to you for not knowing all these details, but as I mentioned BB is not that popular in my country, but I am a huge fan of it and want to use it to its optimal limits.
Thank you in advance for all the help!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
gfrancis306
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2484D2EB
Carrier: AT&T

first and foremost, did you check the applications list and see if it was actually deleted? it sounds to me like maybe it was just hidden?

secondly, open slideshow to go or sheet to go, hit the menu (blackberry) button, and click check updates. this will prompt you to register. After having done so, you can download the update.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
UncleMike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ch me, I must be dreaming
Carrier: Verizon

I think that gfrancis306 is right... you can hide the currently selected icon with two key presses, whereas deleting an app would require 5 or 6, and would delete the entire suite (they aren't listed as individual apps).

On the home screen, press the menu button (left of the track ball) and select Show All. This will show all icons - even those that have been hidden. Select the icon that you want unhidden, press the menu key again, and uncheck Hide.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
onigik

Hi and thank you for the instructions. The bad news is that the application was really deleated, but the good one is that I followed the steps that gfrancis306 amd UncleMike told me and I had a success, the applications were reinstalled again.
Nevertheless, I still can not open documents writtent on MS Office 2007 (docx., xlsx., pptx. and so on)- I have no troubles with documents written on MS 97-2003 + XP. Do you know (again) any solution for that problem?
Really thank you for all the help!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #7
UncleMike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ch me, I must be dreaming
Carrier: Verizon

According to this feature comparison chart on the DataViz web site, the Standard Edition should support file MS Office 2007 file formats, but there is a note/disclaimer at the bottom indicating a saying "To be released throughout the second half of 2008/first half of 2009". It's possible that the support for this hasn't been implemented yet, but I have no way to produce such a file to even test if mine can do it.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #8
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
Carrier: Swisscom

Opening .docx documents with Word2Go works for me on my bold. I am using Documents To Go version 1.001.145. You can check the version under Options > Advanced Options > Applications.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #9
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

They released an update about a week ago which lets you open/edit '07 documents, did you go threw the "check for updates" feature?

Quote:
secondly, open slideshow to go or sheet to go, hit the menu (blackberry) button, and click check updates. this will prompt you to register. After having done so, you can download the update.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
gfrancis306
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2484D2EB
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
I think that gfrancis306 is right... you can hide the currently selected icon with two key presses, whereas deleting an app would require 5 or 6, and would delete the entire suite (they aren't listed as individual apps).

On the home screen, press the menu button (left of the track ball) and select Show All. This will show all icons - even those that have been hidden. Select the icon that you want unhidden, press the menu key again, and uncheck Hide.
actually on the bold, deleting an item from the home screen is as easy as hiding it. there is a new menu option to delete third party apps directly from the home screen.

glad you got your problem worked out though. and also glad your son is so young getting into blackberries
Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 AM   #11
onigik

yeah, I'm glad too, although you all know what he does with them
Old 11-12-2008, 05:21 AM   #12
onigik

To the rest of you guys trying to help me out.... really thank you, but unfortunately despite doing all steps you told me (I even paid and downloaded the Premium version) things ain't getting any better. All this leads me to the conclusion that the problem is not in the device or its applications but in something beyond that... is it possible the BlackBerry Enterprise Server that the device is connected to to apply restrictions on that? If you think it's possible I will address our admins for chcking it out, that's my last hope :(
Closed Thread