Old 02-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
ibserenity
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Unhappy YouMail Text Alerts

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry I'm not sure if this is supposed to be posted here or not. I posted a question about another software issue in the Curve section and they told me that i should post it here.
So, does anyone out there use YouMail? Recently I haven't been getting the text alerts for my missed calls like I usually do. I went online and checked my settings and made sure that the option was selected and it is. And I'm still not receiving them for some reason. I still get alerts when i have a new voicemail but that's about it. I emailed the tech support and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

i have a bb curve from t-mobile with 4.5 os.

thank!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
jrice8002003
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

i just started using youmail a week ago. here's a question that might answer your question: does youmail send you a notification for a missed call if that same caller also leaves you a voicemail? it seems that if the person left you a voicemail, it would be redundant to get a notification of the missed call....so, for the call notifications that you've been missing, have those callers left you a voicemail?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Might want to give this awesome free app a shot:
joekrill.com - VyMail - YouMail application for Blackberry devices

It works perfectly with YouMail and gives you a psudo visual voicemail interface. (Well, pretty much is visual voicemail without contact pictures)

I actually shut the text alerts off so that I wasn't using my text message allotment. I set it up to send a MP3 of the email to my blackberry only account. (user@tmo.blackberry.net)
Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
jrice8002003
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX
Might want to give this awesome free app a shot:
joekrill.com - VyMail - YouMail application for Blackberry devices

It works perfectly with YouMail and gives you a psudo visual voicemail interface. (Well, pretty much is visual voicemail without contact pictures)

I actually shut the text alerts off so that I wasn't using my text message allotment. I set it up to send a MP3 of the email to my blackberry only account. (user@tmo.blackberry.net)
I actually had vymail but uninstalled it. I didn't like how you can't quickly switch to speakerphone to listen to the voicemail, it's an all or nothing selection from the options menu. I also liked how the web shortcut to youmail allows u to put a picture thumbnail next to your contact's name. If vymail makes some changes, I'll probably get it back, because I do like the application idea to listen to your voicemail
Closed Thread