Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Thx...
BTW, your not making any points with the iPhone fans...
I will check out the stores and see if they have a model like this one...

H.
You are probably right about the iPhone fans. Let me explain that in some detail.

1. The iPhone hooked up perfectly, the problem was with the clarity of my voice to the other party on the other end of the line. Apparently there are issues with the Kenwood deck and the iPhone. They can hear me, but it sounds very scratchy and unclear .

2. I love the iPhone, I think it is a great device and has a place in the field. The new 3G is better IMHO than the older version (I had one of those too).

3. The difference is I believe that the Blackberry is a better business device than the iPhone. I had to go back to an iPhone from my Curve because of the horrible screen quality on the curve compared to my iPhone on pdf attachments. In my business I have to be able to read them. When you zoom in on a pdf on the Curve, it is very blury and not readable. With the iPhone it was perfectly clear. Now with the Bold, that is all fixed up. My wife now has my 3 month old 3G iPhone.

So, the point is, I like the iPhone very much and could use one easily. But, I paid a whopping $600 for a Blackberry not because I hated my iPhone, but because the Blackberry is that much better IMHO.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #22
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Do you think they have firmware for these or is it just an issue with their quality control?
They would have to. I could not see them not having firmware on them. Could you imagine a spelling error or missed something simple and they had to reproduce each board or re-solder an IC chip in. Would not be a good decision money wise. Mistakes that require re-flash firmware are almost costless other then shipping and technicians time to flash the device.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #23
TallPaul86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: 27A2D112
Carrier: O2 UK

I use a Sony MEX-BT2500 headunit and it works like a dream - plays music brilliant via A2DP and when you get a call in it pauses the tune and switches to BlueTooth Phone Mode to take the call. Once your done it hangs up and resumes the tune and if i want to make an out-going call i simply use the supplied IR remote control to select who i want to call...

Although saying that when playing music through A2DP every so often the music stops and my phone resets and does the blank screen with red LED indicator light thingy...

Piss annoying when your listening to your favourite tune!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #24
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Well now they say that they are going to look into the issue in their labs and replicate the issue. This is what they should of done in the first place. The customer is always right!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #25
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

who would think they would need better quality assurance....??!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Well I have slowly made progress on this issue. I have now had my issue go to Japan programmers/makers of the device and they say that they mute it on purpose. The said they would get back to me if it could do a work around.

So after waiting 2 months with no response from them I called back quite upset to the only number I had which was the regional sales rep.

I more or less told them they need to either fix the issue or compensate me a new unit that will work or my money back to buy another unit from a different manufacturer. He said that its more RIMs fault then anyone else because they make the phone so they can't connect to it.

I retaliated with its a BT profile call headset profile it has to follow specifications or else it wouldn't work with anything. Why would RIM make it difficult to pair devices with its handset it would be counter intuitive. he said still it was RIMs fault for their closed development on it. Everyone else including headset developers know how to make it work so I know Pioneer can.

So I am now in contact with there Marketing Manager tomorrow on the phone. I am slowly moving up the food chain. If he cannot produce a satisfactory result my next action is a letter to the BBB because I have given them more then enough time to resolve this issue.

Ill let you know how it goes
Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #27
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Hey I love the Pioneer line don't get me wrong... just this one feature ruins the whole package for me. I have a 80gb HDD iPod that works beautifully through the system and I love every single feature. 1 feature that does not work as promised can wipe out 100 goods..
Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Well Pioneer has come to the plate and hit a home run and has given me a result that I am 100% happy with. All I have to say is thank you to Pioneer for helping me with this issue and resolving it satisfactory to my requirements. You have instilled my faith in a corporation that cares.

Thank you
Closed Thread