Old 02-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
fatih

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Unhappy No signal on BB storm 2 9550

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
I got unlocked BB storm 9550. Firstly bought it run well n I could use any sim cards though had to use opera for browsing. But, it can't acquire any networks now though I have tried a number of different sim cards. Along with this problem, my BB doesn't perform security test check after restarting that it did before. Thanks for any help..
Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: No signal on BB storm 2 9550

Sounds like the carrier found the phone and deleted the service books. and may have deleted the host routing table. Another possibility, the phone is defective. Have you dropped it or got it wet? If so that may be the cause.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
fatih

I do appreciate your assistance.

Since it is unlocked (brand new from the store), I should be able to use any simcards, shouldn't I? So, no reasons for any carriers to delete the host routing table/service book.

I am also sure that it never drops seriously. Before, this issue occurs, regularly the phone restarts itself with "application error code 523' displayed on the screen.

At the moment (with the networking problem), after being restarted there is a notification on the screen: uncaught exception: index 4>=4.

Is there any explanation to solve this issue?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by fatih; 02-18-2011 at 06:45 AM..
Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Have you tried reloading the device OS?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I'm not sure what tsac meant by "carrier found the phone". I don't say I disagree. Just that I don't know.

At any rate, you obviously have software problems. Perhaps a bad or corrupt theme or third-partyapp. Given the failure of the security self check, I wouldn't bother trying piecemeal selective removal of themes and apps until it works ok; I would try wiping with JL_CMDER and then reinstalling the OS.

See blackberryfaq.com and the two articles on wiping the device. After you wipe, you will need to reinstall the OS. See the "latest OS" thread here on the forum for you model BlackBerry.

Note that this is not going to fix a hardware problem. Also, it isn't necessarily how many times the blackberry as been dropped and from how high. Sometimes just one drop with the BlackBerry landing just the right way will be the drop that kills it.

And moisture exposure is an issue with BlackBerrys, sometimes as little as carrying it in a sweaty pocket.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
fatih

Thanks for you all guys. I have restore my previous OS and my BB works great as it should be.

Very appreciated
Closed Thread