Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
korkster

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone?
Default BBM problems bb 9780

Please Login to Remove!

Im actually going mad with this phone, ever since ive got it(upgraded from 8900) my bb has been playing up. 60% of the time iu want to send a message it doesn’t send, all I get is a bleeding red clock! To send a message I have to turn off my mobile network back on and off multiple times and even that doesn’t work sometimes. And when the red clock disappears I just get the tick with no “D”. I notive on my signal bar where the 3g is the bbm doesn’t work without the bbm sign there, however it regular goes away if I don’t use bbm in the space of like 10 minutes.

Will somebody please PLEASE help me with my problem, its driving me nuts!
A big thank you for anyone that trys to help.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: BBM problems bb 9780

Return if for a new one. That will solve the problem.

Are you in an area with a decent signal then the messages refuse to send?

Do you have the BB dataplan add-on?

If so, do a battery pull and resend the service books.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by korkster View Post
Im actually going mad with this phone, ever since ive got it(upgraded from 8900) my bb has been playing up. 60% of the time iu want to send a message it doesn’t send, all I get is a bleeding red clock! To send a message I have to turn off my mobile network back on and off multiple times and even that doesn’t work sometimes. And when the red clock disappears I just get the tick with no “D”. I notive on my signal bar where the 3g is the bbm doesn’t work without the bbm sign there, however it regular goes away if I don’t use bbm in the space of like 10 minutes.

Will somebody please PLEASE help me with my problem, its driving me nuts!
A big thank you for anyone that trys to help.
Have you updated the OS? The OS 6.0.0.285 most 9780's are pre-installed with, is totally screwy.

Type myver then space key (in any text entry field, memo, bbm etc) and it will display the current OS you have installed.

Check this forum for updated info for where to get newer versions.

6.0.0.480 is a good OS. Without too many problems. Plus BB App World has a BBM update for your device (came up yesterday). You might try that first. Then if that doesn't help, call your carrier and ask for BB technical support and ask for a network reset for your device. And if that works, you're all set. Upgrade the OS anyways, as just about ANY OS is better than the junky 6.0.0.285 it launched with.

Don't forget: the new browser supports HUGE file downloads. You can download a 190MB OS file no problem, directly to your device. D/L on Wifi - its just as fast, and won't kill your data package.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 AM   #4
korkster

Model: 9780
Carrier: vodafone?
Default Re: BBM problems bb 9780

thanks for the replies guys, apparently im using V 6.0.0.294? Does that mean anything to you? I am in an area with good signal, i do have a bb data plan add on ( think its 500mb) however if i battery pulled everytime this happened my phone would be off more than it is on!also i cant find the update for bbm? when i type it in app world the newest version available to download for me is 5.0.2.12

Last edited by korkster; 04-15-2011 at 04:06 AM..
Closed Thread