BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #1
jaybert

Model: none
Default New to Blackberry w/ Sprint...had some questions

Please Login to Remove!

I've started with a company where the only way of accessing corporate email/contacts/calendar is using Blackberry.

I currently have sprint, and do not want to switch companies.

My plan currently have unlimited powervision, which on my current treo 700p gives me push access to my current email + webbrowsing, etc.

Do I need to sign up for another service if I switch to a Blackberry to connect to my corporate email/contacts/calendar? Basically, do I need to pay extra if I am switching from the treo 700p >> 7130e. I see some things called Business Connection or whatever, but am unsure if that is a service I actually need to connect to the blackberry services.

Thanks!

-jason
Old 09-18-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
fizz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

the unlimited blackberry plan for blackberry is $39.99 p/month. you will more than likely need that to get any kind of email.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
Smile

Yes just like what was said if you get a blackberry you will be on your company's BES so in order to get and send emails as well as sync yuour calendar you will need a data plan from sprint. I don't see why your company wouldn't pick up the tab though since they are the ones that are making you use a blackberry. Also ask your IT guys there might be a way to keep your treo im not current on that type of thing since I use BIS for my emails
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 09-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
jaybert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythmbHurts
Yes just like what was said if you get a blackberry you will be on your company's BES so in order to get and send emails as well as sync yuour calendar you will need a data plan from sprint. I don't see why your company wouldn't pick up the tab though since they are the ones that are making you use a blackberry. Also ask your IT guys there might be a way to keep your treo im not current on that type of thing since I use BIS for my emails
oh..they arent "forcing" me to use a blackberry, I dont need to have access to any of that info on my phone, but I'd like to if possible.

I already have internet access on my phone plan...just not the Blackberry specific one. I have powervision, which gives me the unlimited internet, picturemail, etc, etc, but it looks like the plan for blackberry email access is different.

Thanks for the info...I think I am just going to keep the treo 700p, and if what I"m working on really necessitates the need to have access via my phone, I'll present my case to my manager, and I'm sure they'd cover the costs (or bill it to the client as it may be)
Old 09-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
cruzer3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Default Sprint Blackberry

You need to by the Blackberry Data Plan which is $39.99 a month.
This is for unlimited DATA, Ineternet access. You can also use your balckberry as a modem as it is connected to you laptop. This works very well.

I would recommend you go to Sprint to get the exact informaiton on the Blackberry. The plans (Data, texting...etc).
Old 09-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
edcrack

Model: 7250

I also wasn't sure about the 39.99 data plan, so I emailed customer support and they said that I wouldn't have to pay anything more than what I am paying for Power Vision on my flip phone. I still have this email, do you think it would help? My BB is on its way already.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #7
jaybert

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcrack
I also wasn't sure about the 39.99 data plan, so I emailed customer support and they said that I wouldn't have to pay anything more than what I am paying for Power Vision on my flip phone. I still have this email, do you think it would help? My BB is on its way already.
really? wow! I emailed customer service and they informed me that I would need to purchase the additional $39.99 data plan. Also couldnt give me any sort of discount on the blackberry (I am still under contract for almost 2 years), other than a $50 discount when i activated.

I think I am going to wait to see if I need corporate email on my phone, at which point I'll bring my case to the manager and hopefully she'll agree to pay for it.

-jason
Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 AM   #8
fizz

there is NO PCS vision plan that is $39.99 OR any PCS Vision plan that will support the Blackberry 7130e. The unlimited BB Plan from Sprint is $39.99, no ifs ands or buts.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #9
jwolf7722
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

Sprint and there blackberry support arent very good. Some customer service reps are great and others dont know what a blackberry is. I had problems getting my blackberry plan on my phone when I first got it. I went to nextel and 10min I was recieving emails. They did have to make a few calls but worked like a charm for me. Go to sprint.com and everything is explained there when it comes to the plans

Last edited by jwolf7722; 09-19-2006 at 08:26 AM..
Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
jaybert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz
there is NO PCS vision plan that is $39.99 OR any PCS Vision plan that will support the Blackberry 7130e. The unlimited BB Plan from Sprint is $39.99, no ifs ands or buts.
yep...though the rep did say my 25% corporate discount would apply (which I dont think is actually true). I'm going to hold off on getting th BB, and stick with my Treo 700p. No corporate email, but I can at least use EasySync Pro to get my contacts/calendar onto the phone everytime I do a sync
Old 09-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #11
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybert
yep...though the rep did say my 25% corporate discount would apply (which I dont think is actually true). I'm going to hold off on getting th BB, and stick with my Treo 700p. No corporate email, but I can at least use EasySync Pro to get my contacts/calendar onto the phone everytime I do a sync
Yes, your corporate discount should apply. I have a 14% volume discount along with a 20% loyalty discount on my line, so I effectively get 34% off the charges on my line every month
Old 09-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #12
fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybert
You can still sync your contacts and calendar on a BB via Desktop Manager. I have corporate email through an exchange server but it doesn't support any BB's from Sprint but can still sync the 2 mentioned above.
Closed Thread