BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #1081
whoscalling
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
whoscalling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA (SoCal)
Model: 9550
OS: .517
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 427
Default

Please Login to Remove!

All I can say is I better see some first impression reviews tomorrow in the 8700 section!
__________________
_____________________________________________
7100t, 7130e, 8700c, 8703e, 8830, Storm, Curve, Tour, Bold, Flip, Storm 2
www.evadearmor.com
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #1082
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Model: 8703e
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoscalling
All I can say is I better see some first impression reviews tomorrow in the 8700 section!
i will if i have tomorrow, with my impressions (1st time blackberrry) and coming from a motorola Q ( what a joke )
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #1083
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 587
Default

has anyone in california who ordered on saturday night had their 8703e ship yet?

Last edited by pspiegel; 09-18-2006 at 10:53 PM..
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #1084
offroadr35
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspiegel
has anyone in california who ordered on saturday night had their 8703e ship yet?

as i said multiple pages ago, I ordered on Sunday and got my tracking number sunday afternoon (3:27pm to be exact). It didn't actually show up in the Fedex system until this morning but it shipped 2-day air this morning and should be here Wednesday. I would not be overly surprised if it comes tomorrow since it's only coming from Ontario (CA, not Canada).
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:57 PM   #1085
Nahmeanz
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston
Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmaticone
i will if i have tomorrow, with my impressions (1st time blackberrry) and coming from a motorola Q ( what a joke )
do your really hate the Q that much? I don't find it that bad at all. my only gripes with it is the battery life and no copy and paste. it's way more stable than my treo 700w. i know going from the Q to the 8703e i'm gonna miss being to watch every football game on my phone (slingbox + directv sunday ticket) and also i hear the bb web browser isn't as good as PIE. why am I getting the 8703e? because I'm a gadget whore and I change phones every few months, hopefully that will change with the 8703e tho.
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #1086
hcheun
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
hcheun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9000
OS: 6.0.0.431
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahmeanz
do your really hate the Q that much? I don't find it that bad at all. my only gripes with it is the battery life and no copy and paste. it's way more stable than my treo 700w. i know going from the Q to the 8703e i'm gonna miss being to watch every football game on my phone (slingbox + directv sunday ticket) and also i hear the bb web browser isn't as good as PIE. why am I getting the 8703e? because I'm a gadget whore and I change phones every few months, hopefully that will change with the 8703e tho.

LoL i hear you. I think two years back, i used to change phones every 4 or 5 months till i got my blackberry, and after that, the rest is history.

But yeah, I would rather wait for a heavily equipped MM based BB than get something that's honky dory and available now. Nothing wrong with the Q per say, but WinMob is not my cup of tea.
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:58 PM   #1087
Drumberry
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8703e
Posts: 83
Default

Yea I agree that this thread needs to be moved to 8700 thread.
Wondering where my shipment confirmation email is. Ordered through b2b on sunday morning, only got a order confirmation email, no shipping yet, hopefully will get one tomarrow.
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 AM   #1088
smilingburgers
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
smilingburgers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Orange COunty
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41
Smile

Hello there. Frequent viewer, second time post here.

What are some keywords I can use with WDTS tomorrow to convince them that they need to allow me to upgrade my 7130e to the 8703e?

I have had some technical issues in the past year with the 7130e and am now on my second unit.

I really want to upgrade and simply cannot wait until December (my early upgrade date) to upgrade.

What are those buzz words that will encourage them to allow the upgrade?

Sidebar: I really need this new device. I know that all of us here feel this way, but I have a serious addiction. Tried to "switch off" before, and it just didn't work even a little bit.
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #1089
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 587
Default

there aren't really any buzz words that I know of.. If you just state your case and tell them that you are really unhappy with the service and it is not what you signed up for/expected, that you do want to stay a customer but come december you might go another direction if you aren't able to get fix your unsatisfaction, something along those lines.. just tell them what you are thinking
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:13 AM   #1090
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Model: 8703e
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingburgers
Hello there. Frequent viewer, second time post here.

What are some keywords I can use with WDTS tomorrow to convince them that they need to allow me to upgrade my 7130e to the 8703e?

I have had some technical issues in the past year with the 7130e and am now on my second unit.

I really want to upgrade and simply cannot wait until December (my early upgrade date) to upgrade.

What are those buzz words that will encourage them to allow the upgrade?

Sidebar: I really need this new device. I know that all of us here feel this way, but I have a serious addiction. Tried to "switch off" before, and it just didn't work even a little bit.
dont think it will work, your waiting a year to finally complain and request a new phone? maybe if 1-2nd month
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:28 AM   #1091
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadr35
as i said multiple pages ago, I ordered on Sunday and got my tracking number sunday afternoon (3:27pm to be exact). It didn't actually show up in the Fedex system until this morning but it shipped 2-day air this morning and should be here Wednesday. I would not be overly surprised if it comes tomorrow since it's only coming from Ontario (CA, not Canada).
Did the tracking number just come automatically? I just got an e-mail yesterday morning that the phone shipped but no reference to tracking and there is nothing on line on my account. So how does one know?
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:49 AM   #1092
Dewars
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teledatageek
Did the tracking number just come automatically? I just got an e-mail yesterday morning that the phone shipped but no reference to tracking and there is nothing on line on my account. So how does one know?

They do not email tracking numbers to you. VZW never does this. You need to call.
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:07 AM   #1093
InPocket
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
InPocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 298
Default By the way...

Be home to sign or your getting a door-hang and getting it the next day
__________________
8330 ...
PIN: 30279C3E
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:18 AM   #1094
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict
 
junior1790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 856
Default

Anyone put their paws on one yet???
__________________
If you can't spot the sucker in the first five minutes, you are the sucker!!
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #1095
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Model: 8703e
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPocket
Be home to sign or your getting a door-hang and getting it the next day
if u get the door hand just follow instructions u can pick it up from fedex the same day
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #1096
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Model: 8703e
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1790
Anyone put their paws on one yet???
not yet its n the truck
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #1097
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Model: 8703e
Posts: 58
Default

Question for those who did not upgrade shipping.. are u getting it today?

i upgraded shipping cuz i need it today! and they told me it was shipping from Texas!, after checking the tracking number it came from PA!! i shoulda and would of probably got to me today anyway.
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #1098
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Model: 8703e
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmaticone
Question for those who did not upgrade shipping.. are u getting it today?

i upgraded shipping cuz i need it today! and they told me it was shipping from Texas!, after checking the tracking number it came from PA!! i shoulda left it 2day shipping and would of probably got to me today anyway.
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #1099
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict
 
junior1790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmaticone
Question for those who did not upgrade shipping.. are u getting it today?

i upgraded shipping cuz i need it today! and they told me it was shipping from Texas!, after checking the tracking number it came from PA!! i shoulda and would of probably got to me today anyway.
Mine shipped from PA as well and i was told i would not have it until THURS??? But i checked the tracking and it's on the truck for delivery...
__________________
If you can't spot the sucker in the first five minutes, you are the sucker!!
Offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:45 AM   #1100
Dewars
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPocket
Be home to sign or your getting a door-hang and getting it the next day

Thats why I have mine shipped to my work.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

3- LG CRN-8245B CD-Rom Drive IBM 06P5262 REMOVED FROM UNUSED SERVER X305 E 305
$4.95
3-  LG CRN-8245B  CD-Rom Drive IBM 06P5262 REMOVED FROM UNUSED SERVER X305 E 305 pictureRetekess Hotel Guest Calling Server Paging System: 10*Pagers+1*Signal Repeater
$86.99
Retekess Hotel Guest Calling Server Paging System: 10*Pagers+1*Signal Repeater pictureAXIS 291 1U Rackmount Video Server w/ 3x 243Q Modules
$49.0
AXIS 291 1U Rackmount Video Server w/ 3x 243Q Modules pictureAmerican Express Double Pocket Check Presenter/Restaurant Bill/Server Book BLACK
$4.7
American Express Double Pocket Check Presenter/Restaurant Bill/Server Book BLACK pictureINTER-TEL ENTERPRISE MESSAGING SERVER -taken from large office-power supply/keys
$379.99
INTER-TEL ENTERPRISE MESSAGING SERVER -taken from large office-power supply/keys picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.