Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #121
camaxtli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
PIN: a colada
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (Mixcoatl-Camaxtli: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Wow, that" cross-grade" sounds sweet.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #122
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100c
PIN: 2406A5FB
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
Actually, you do not have to repurchase IM+.
We offer our customers favourable cross-grade conditions.
You have purchased IM+ for WM Pocket PC for $39.95.
IM+ for Blackberry costs $49.95, which is $10 more.

In order to change the licence you may send us $10 (for each copy).

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
SHAPE Services - Software for PDA and mobiles: MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MySpace, Jabber, LCS, Sametime, Oracle, Reuters, Skype
The Smartphone Edition of IM+ is only $29.95. You charge double for the exact same program at $49.95. I paid $29.95 through smartphone.net. They are both touch screen-less platforms. Why is Blackberry so much more expensive? And how would I take advantage of the cross platform deal?
Old 06-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #123
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuopus View Post
The Smartphone Edition of IM+ is only $29.95. You charge double for the exact same program at $49.95. I paid $29.95 through smartphone.net. They are both touch screen-less platforms. Why is Blackberry so much more expensive? And how would I take advantage of the cross platform deal?
In this case price difference will be $20 for you.
Please send request to support for more details: imsupport(a)shapeservices.com

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
SHAPE Services - Software for PDA and mobiles: MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MySpace, Jabber, LCS, Sametime, Oracle, Reuters, Skype
Old 06-29-2007, 09:04 AM   #124
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation What we have done for battery saving

Important information!

In release version 5.0.5 we have made some changes for battery saving.

Most battery-saving connection configuration is:
TCP/IP
Direct TCP
You can set it under IM+ Settings / Connection.

We have increased timeout time to 3 minutes.

Before setting this connection configuration, please make sure that TCP/IP is enabled on your Blackberry.

See a list of known settings on our WAP-site:
SHAPE Services
or on our Web-site:
SHAPE Services - FAQ section - BlackBerry TCP settings page

Alternatively you can contact your wireless carrier for
correct TCP/IP settings.

You can enter TCP/IP setting on youb Blackberry under
Options -> TCP
or Tools -> TCP
or Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP
depending on your Blackberry model.

Also I would like to add that this connection configuration is not only battery-saving, it is also the fastest and uses less traffic than others.

We will continue working in this direction and improve battery saving for other connection types.

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
Old 06-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #125
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10

Hi Victoria;
When trying to download via the OTA link, I'm picking up 4.3 and not the new one. What am I doing wrong
Old 06-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #126
bjchantry

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default New message at startup

I have always been downloading the version for 4.1 os during beta evn though my 8700 has 4.2 as I could never get it to move sideways with the version for 4.2 os. Today I installed the new 5.0.5 after deleting prvious version and when I launch IM+ I now get a message as follows:
IM+ for 8100 Devices
An updat is available for your device. The installation is located in archives in folder 8100. It can also be downloaded from wap.shapeservices.com

What gives, should I install the other version now?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #127
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjchantry View Post
I have always been downloading the version for 4.1 os during beta evn though my 8700 has 4.2 as I could never get it to move sideways with the version for 4.2 os. Today I installed the new 5.0.5 after deleting prvious version and when I launch IM+ I now get a message as follows:
IM+ for 8100 Devices
An updat is available for your device. The installation is located in archives in folder 8100. It can also be downloaded from wap.shapeservices.com

What gives, should I install the other version now?
We recommend you to install special version for 4.2 OS.
If you have any problems with this version, please let us know.

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
Old 06-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #128
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Default List of most active beta-testers

Here is a list of most active beta-testers who have won licences for IM+ or other applications by their choice.

enk0d from BlackberryForums
Mike Brooks (beavmetal on BlackberryForums)
Timothy Loi (ssnxp on BlackberryForums)
Peter Alaimo (don.new on BlackberryForums)
Geoffrey Robert Miller (Grmiller on BlackberryForums)
Camaxtli from BlackberryForums
rkkeller from BlackberryForums
dahov from BlackberryForums
Lowrider from Blackberry Forums
Sean Bush
Jeremy Suriel
Lyndia Lopez
Ryan Michaels
Geoff Scott
Rene Verschoor
Amish Shah
Perry Luquis
Mike (not sure about surname)
Kryptik Angel
Sunnie Daze

Most of winners have already received their awards.
dahov and rkkeller, please let us know which application you have chosen as award.

Once more, many thanks to all of you!

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
Old 06-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #129
camaxtli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
PIN: a colada

Wirelessly posted (Mixcoatl-Camaxtli: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Thank you so much for the opportunity to use the software and the licence.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #130
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Quote:
In this case price difference will be $20 for you.
Please send request to support for more details: imsupport(a)shapeservices.com

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
Ugh. The price gouging with your company is ridiculous. There is no reason the exact same program for one platform should be DOUBLE the cost for the exact same program on a different platform. That is EXACTLY like a company that sells a Windows version of a program for $49, but the same thing for Macintosh for $100. I have never seen a reputable professional company do this. Usually the OSX version of a program is exactly the same as the Windows version.

I went ahead and bought JiveTalk for me and my other phone. Its a much better program anyway with no price gouging for a much more reasonable price.

Its nothing against the program. Its a good program, and I have been using it with Windows Smartphone edition for a while. Its the shady policies of the company that are frustrating.

Last edited by nuopus; 06-29-2007 at 12:28 PM..
Old 06-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #131
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?

While I agree with the statement above, that they logically should cost the same, I have no idea what the development costs are for both. The BBerry version could cost a bit more to develop and then it should cost more. That makes sense to me. Unless it is explained, you will get users that are annoyed with the situation. Especially since there is an exceptional alternative at the moment.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #132
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
While I agree with the statement above, that they logically should cost the same, I have no idea what the development costs are for both. The BBerry version could cost a bit more to develop and then it should cost more. That makes sense to me. Unless it is explained, you will get users that are annoyed with the situation. Especially since there is an exceptional alternative at the moment.
Well, I must admit that if I didn't already pay for the same product at half the price, I may not have as big an issue with it. But, since I have already purchased and used the WM version, I know that it is EXACTLY the same feature wise, as this $49 version of it. So what am I paying $20 more for exactly?

Lots of companies are now producing OSX AND Windows versions of the same program. But NONE of them charge double for one version over the other, unless there is a significant enhancement of one over the other.

Yes, I know I can pay the cross platform difference of $20, which is the same as what I just now payed for JiveTalk. But that doesn't excuse the shoddy policy of jacking up the price JUST BECAUSE its users will pay it. Especially when nobody else does it.

Im sorry about the rant guys. I just don't like shady business practices.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #133
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?

I understand your rant, but you are totally neglecting to look at development costs for them..... It may cost significantly more for them to develop for BBerry. I have a license with IM+ for PPC which cost 39.99 and it will be $10 for me to transfer to BBerry. I am debated between Jivetalk for $20(or $30) and upgrading to IM+ for BBerry for $10. Its really a tough choice. If IM+ would address the pricing descrepency I would be more apt to go with them. However, I am currently leaning towards JiveTalk cause I prefer some of its features. I do, however, prefer the interface of IM+
Old 06-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #134
krayziebydaflesh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuopus View Post
Well, I must admit that if I didn't already pay for the same product at half the price, I may not have as big an issue with it. But, since I have already purchased and used the WM version, I know that it is EXACTLY the same feature wise, as this $49 version of it. So what am I paying $20 more for exactly?

Lots of companies are now producing OSX AND Windows versions of the same program. But NONE of them charge double for one version over the other, unless there is a significant enhancement of one over the other.

Yes, I know I can pay the cross platform difference of $20, which is the same as what I just now payed for JiveTalk. But that doesn't excuse the shoddy policy of jacking up the price JUST BECAUSE its users will pay it. Especially when nobody else does it.

Im sorry about the rant guys. I just don't like shady business practices.
I also agree the price is a bit to high for IM+. Especially after testing the beta and with all versions of the beta i had connections problems. Dont feel like the price is fair at all. To bad the BB is a bit more complicated then the ppc. at least for the ppc i could find IM+ with a workin crack.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:32 AM   #135
bjchantry

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
We recommend you to install special version for 4.2 OS.
If you have any problems with this version, please let us know.

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
Victoria,

I did that and it doesn't work. The scroll wheel moves the highlighted icon up and down but I have not been able to figure out how to move sideways in the IM apps. With 4.1 os version the scroll wheel moves right and left. Also, connection has not been able to be made since yesterday. Maybe it is just me, but I have been using IM+ for almost 2 years and while V5 looks much nicer, so far it has been far less reliable than the previous versions. Please advise how to move left and right with the 4.2 os version on an 8700 with OS 4.2? Thanks.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #136
beavmetal

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cincinnati bell

I love this product. I've been on a few road trips this year, once with version 4.3 and had lots of disconnect issues with yahoo. It got better with the beta on my last road trip. I love the new interface and the fact that it includes myspace. I would love a desktop version since I know of no other multi-protocol IM that includes myspace at this point (Trillian Astra will-- whenever its released). I have had very little issue with this newest version of IM+. My connections are constant, the notifications are good. Love it.

I also started using RDM+ for fun and education. When I really get the hang of it I may start using it for work related problems. I am looking forward to using both programs in Sept for my next long trip. It will be cool to view my home security cams via RDM+ on my phone while also chatting on IM+

I might have to buy a new battery just to support my addiction. IPhone, bah humbug.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #137
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

When your first download if you log in to a provider, do all the contacts for thst provider become available on the list, whether you connected whether you linked with the user or not? Do all of the msn accounts pop up together with msn forexample. IN jive talk, I only get the ones who I signed up with and I have to guess who the user is. What worse is that for aol I have to locate screen names. If the name is already available, I would only need to click on it.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #138
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
When your first download if you log in to a provider, do all the contacts for thst provider become available on the list, whether you connected whether you linked with the user or not? Do all of the msn accounts pop up together with msn forexample. IN jive talk, I only get the ones who I signed up with and I have to guess who the user is. What worse is that for aol I have to locate screen names. If the name is already available, I would only need to click on it.
What? your talking about Beejive JiveTalk right? The one at: beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging

Because when I first installed it, I signed on to AIM, Yahoo, and MSN. I got all of my contacts I had in any other IM client. I just had to cursor to them and click. they were all there.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #139
turbo2liter
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

I'm trying out Jivetalk and IM+ right now. If they both work the same, I'll go with the cheaper. The one nice feature of IM+ is the language conversion, do you plan to continue giving that as free with IM+?
Old 07-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #140
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2liter View Post
I'm trying out Jivetalk and IM+ right now. If they both work the same, I'll go with the cheaper. The one nice feature of IM+ is the language conversion, do you plan to continue giving that as free with IM+?
It may be free on Windows Mobile or Palm, but they would charge Blackberry users an extra $20 for it because we will pay more. Just like they charge Windows Mobile users $29 for the exact same version we pay $49 for.
Closed Thread