Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
arzee303
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Forwarding to Outside Address

Please Login to Remove!

Our email vendor has recently upgraded our Exchange environment to 2007. We have many more users than BES server licenses so for the others that want to use a BB rather than a Windows Mobile or Palm device, we do a store & forward to their Blackberry email address. They sync calander and contacts wired. Since the upgrade, whenever a user sends an email to a receipient that has a store and forward setup, the user receives as many copies of the email as their name is present in the DLs the user sent to. In other words...If I send an email to 2 DLs, and a user with a store & forward is a member of both of those DLs, the user will get one email to Outllok and 2 to their BB. Below is the answer I got from our email vendor. I was hoping someone could either confirm or disprove the following... Thanks in advance for any assistance.

When the lists are biforcated (expanded) it finds Sarah 4 times.
once in DL-ESH RD of OPS.
twice when it expands DL-ESH ALL GMs and finds DL-ESH RD of OPS (once in the DL-ESH ALL GMs and once in the DL-ESH AM)
one more time when it actually expands the original instance of DL-ESH AM.

This is a total of 4 times.

The reason it only shows up once in Outlook is because this is only a pointer and exchange is smart enough to only put a pointer to one copy in the mailbox. But each time it hits the recipient and sees the store and forward, it forwards a copy.

This is how exchange 2007 handles this feature. It is currently unknown if this will be changed in future releases of the Exchange 2007

Last edited by arzee303; 11-29-2007 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: Edit
Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Looks good to me. Still don't believe it ... have your mail forward to an external free mail client and try it yourself.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
arzee303

This was never a problem in Exchange 2003. So am I to understand that the 'upgraded' Exchange will never do this task correctly?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Did you indicate this to them? Since Exchange 2003 to 2007 isn't an upgrade its a true migration ... did they change any settings? Were there any custom settings that are missing now?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
arzee303

I'm not really sure. I know the store and forward is just basically a contact and any Exchange mail just gets forwarded to that contact. I, as the user admin of the 20 or so users here in my corporate office, have very little access to our email vendor or the BES and Exchange servers. I just thought this might be something others have seen before and knew a fix for. It just seems impossible to me that a pretty standard function that worked fine before would now be 'unfixable'.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #6
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

You might be best posing the question on an exchange 2007 mailing list: [email address] ... sorry I can't be of more useful help.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
arzee303

I appreciate your efforts