Old 07-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #201
bvarianlvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
That is impressive, and probably a good way to go for me, as well (the part about automatically turning it off during specific night hours). Do you by chance run the PocketDay application on your BB? I ask because I've been having a problem with catching my BB in a state of constant data traffic and one of the possible theories that has been posed is that even though Ramble is closed/logged out, it's not really fully system-exited, and can cause a run of data traffic even though your not officially logged on. Any thoughts?
Mine logs out and exits. If you do an Alt+Esc task switch, you'll see all applications running in the background. After I log out of Ramble, I never see it in that task switcher. And, no, I don't run PocketDay. I'm assuming its a reminder calendar, and I simply use the one included w/ our BB.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #202
Rambler
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7750
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mextel
Anyone?
This is a known bug that will be fixed in an upcoming release. Some users have reported success in modifying the setting if they reset their BlackBerry after changing the property.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #203
kevinmoore73

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungusmud
In an attempt make Ramble as much “open source” like as possible, without releasing the open source
You have nothing close to open source if you're not releasing the source code. Why not just say your software is a "free download" or something like that?
Old 07-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #204
krackajacks

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-mobile

Is there a way to block people, or an option to only allow people from your buddy list to IM you?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #205
bvarianlvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackajacks
Is there a way to block people, or an option to only allow people from your buddy list to IM you?
Not right now unless you go to QuickBuddy and set those blockages.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #206
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvarianlvr
Mine logs out and exits. If you do an Alt+Esc task switch, you'll see all applications running in the background. After I log out of Ramble, I never see it in that task switcher. And, no, I don't run PocketDay. I'm assuming its a reminder calendar, and I simply use the one included w/ our BB.
Thank you for the information. PocketDay is actually much more than an enhanced calendar, it functions more as a control layer over which you can manipulate the functions and features of the BB in a more user-friendly manner. It truly is a great application.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:25 PM   #207
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmoore73
You have nothing close to open source if you're not releasing the source code. Why not just say your software is a "free download" or something like that?
You're correct, it isn't open source, what I would like to do is to create as much of a community as possible around the software since it is conceivable that at some point, the software will be made truly open source. The software is clearly listed as free to use in multiple places.

If you'd like more background on Ramble IM, please take a look at http://wireless.sra.com/ramble or contact us at [email address]

Thanks for your interest in Ramble IM!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:26 AM   #208
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackajacks
This should probably be addressed in an upcoming release. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:14 AM   #209
bvarianlvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
This should probably be addressed in an upcoming release. Thanks for the suggestion!
Thank you for a great application. Are there any small updates forthcoming? I'm kinda getting tired of that Malformed Address exception. Is there anyway to avoid this before we get an upgrade? I do notice if I take out the battery, I don't get it on the first log in. But subsequent attempts at log in bring up that message.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Old 08-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #210
phoneorpda
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

Sorry for the cross post(just saw this thread and this might be more appropriate)

I was wondering if anybody knows why my buddies that are on iChat (.mac users) don't appear on my AIM account.
AFAIK, iChat is compatible with AIM and they show up on my work PC.

Any help is appreciated,

A>
Old 08-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #211
tkay

Model: 7100T

for some reason i cant get the sound to work on ramble
i got it to vibrate on messages but not play tone
bug?
Old 08-05-2005, 09:02 PM   #212
sgtallen

Model: BB 87
Carrier: Verizon

i have a couple questions, whenever i add buddies with rambler, whenever it logs out and comes back or im on a long call the buddies disappear. also i noticed on the rambler site that you can have alerts to where it will notify u of im's you receive even when rambler isnt running, does someone know how to enable this?

last, does running rambler in the background interrupt incoming calls on the bb7520? ive recently been running it more in the bg and have had a few people tell me that they get the please hold while the nextel blah blah blah.

thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #213
nexteli836man
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

Installed working online no problems so far !! nice
Old 08-06-2005, 04:08 AM   #214
cbotd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7230

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtallen
i have a couple questions, whenever i add buddies with rambler, whenever it logs out and comes back or im on a long call the buddies disappear. also i noticed on the rambler site that you can have alerts to where it will notify u of im's you receive even when rambler isnt running, does someone know how to enable this?

last, does running rambler in the background interrupt incoming calls on the bb7520? ive recently been running it more in the bg and have had a few people tell me that they get the please hold while the nextel blah blah blah.

thanks in advance.
When on a call ramble might disconnect your session because you can't use the TCP and Phone at the same time. Same as if you were trying to browse the web and talk at the same time. It can't be done.

I think what the ramble site is saying is that when you're not "in" the ramble program it will notify you of an incoming message while your doing other things on the device. You still have to be logged into the AIM account via rambler to get any type of notification. If you go to the Options area from the BB main screen you'll see an SRA Ramble label. Click on that an you can set the different options for the Ramble program. I think what you're looking for is the "global notification on IM receipt" option.

Rambler uses TCP to connect via the GPRS signal. I don't know if it polls the AIM server at anytime. If it does poll the server and you're getting a call at that time, the call may not come through. Not too sure though.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #215
backagain

Model: 7250

error when logging in, i just purchased the 7250 with alltel, i try to login and i get an error message, after the loggin in, please wait, i get Invalid Connection String/ Bad DNS address. i went into the options and as far as what i can change, it has :
Network connection:
Device Default
Use MDS TCP
Use Device TCP.

any idea which one of these i should use with alltel, or if it will even work with alltel.

im have version 0.9.6.2, is this the correct version, i downloaded it with the over the air. thanks.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #216
MTurley

Model: 7290

I have followed your instructino correctly and T-Mobile gave me the details for APN and it works fine. But RAMBLE IM still wont work! A repeated message saying LOGIN FAILED! REASON UNKNOW. ERROR CODE: 989. Please advise?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #217
rael

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
You're correct. You cannot start with an empty buddy list, you must at least have one buddy and group. This is a known issue. Login to an AIM desktop client, add a buddy, then log out, go back to Ramble, add mroe buddies to the same group.
It might be a good idea to stress this up front for new users. I've been frustrated for weeks trying to get Ramble to work. As soon as I logged in via a desktop and added a buddy, Ramble perked right up!
Old 08-12-2005, 04:59 AM   #218
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10

i have a sound problem with ramble as well... any fixes known? and why is it the volume setting is always 80? even if i set it too 100 and save... i go right back in and it's 80 again... i have 9.6 version
Old 08-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #219
rael

Model: 7520

Another question, and one I haven't seen, although I didn't read *every* post:

Can the screen names of my buddies be changed? I know in Trillian, I can rename "SexyThugginPimp" to "George" in my buddy list, so I can remember who the heck I'm talking to. I would really love to be able to do the same thing in Ramble.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:47 PM   #220
impdust

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Still have to browse to a website to connect

Didn't see this listed in the known issues so I thought I'd mention it again.

On my 7100t if I can't login all I have to do is use the browser to open a web page. Switch back to Ramble and login again.

This would seem to indicate Ramble is forgetting to do something when it tries to login, since it's able to connect if I use the Internet with the browser first.
Closed Thread