Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

lol... Do you work for T-Mobile?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #202
lxalexxl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

Wow, I just tried all the junk you guys went through with no luck Looks like T-Mobile outsmarted us all.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 AM   #203
karaokesuperstar
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: EAPPLE
Carrier: Tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondalegend View Post
lol... Do you work for T-Mobile?
LOL, I knew Tmo was reading this!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #204
swoosh0217

PIN: 23DF2F34
Carrier: tmobile

I got rid of the $19.99 plan and got the Blackberry enabler. It's been 2 days now and I still have access to the internet. Weird!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #205
c0ol2

PIN: N/A

Mine worked for a week after i canceled the plan, I added it again and canceled the plan now it's gone, anyone know if Tmobile made any changes since July 1st. I have the blackberry feature enabler on, but can't connect to JiveTalk anymore

Last edited by c0ol2; 07-04-2007 at 11:24 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #206
kankanman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmo

it'll probably work for a bit until the previous plan phases out and you cant use the same progs that you used under the BB data plan.

i didnt have a data plan with my tmobile blackberry and i never asked for the BB enabler nor did i try to add it myself. tmobile sent me a text message a long time ago at work telling me to turn off and on my phone and suddenly they gave me mms, tzone, and etc. i tried out the new features and saw that i was able to access full html sites. i had this for a long time until today when my camera on the phone wasnt working. i didnt wanna pull out my battery bc the last time i did that (many many months ago), opera mini stopped working on it. but i had to use the camera so i had to do a battery pull. then after putting the battery back in, the web browsing was gone. DAMN that camera
Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #207
novafluxx

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Guys, Opera will work with the tzones, even though tzones is wap only. Because thats what Opera mini is MADE for. To browse the REAL web when you don't have a phone thats normally capable of doing it. AFAIK anyway

So without BB internet service from tmo, you won't have access to the phone default built-in browser...(yay done updating my phone!)... but you will be able to use Opera mini through tzones, because it allows WAP access.

If I'm wrong just /slap me and call me names, but as far as I know this is the case.

I might just go this way too...I don't think you need BB feature Enabler though, just get the unlimited MMS/SSM plan. Thats the same thing, so ask for that and tzones (the 5.99 WAP plan)

Though with the 5.99 t-zones and the 9.99 unlimited mms/sms Its only about 4 bucks less than the BB Internet Plan...although I have that AND the unlimited MMS/SMS...thats 30 bucks I'm tossing them each month. Maybe I'll look into this as it'll cut 15-16 bucks off my bill each month

Last edited by novafluxx; 07-11-2007 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: More Things to say of course!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM   #208
mjmutuma

Model: 8700g
Default what do i dobnow?

okay i've been reading this whole convo and i'm a bit confused. I'll just tell you where i'm at.

i have a 1,000 min voiceplan
Unlimited domestic messages

I just signed up for T-Mobile Web thinking that would give me internet access

Now when i hit my t-zone browser it says "You are not currently in an areas that can handle data communication. As a result, the Browser cannot retreive any Web pages"

Then I downloaded Opera Mini. It peforms test after test (20 of them). It says over and over and over: "The application operette $2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firwall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by yout IT policy"

SInce I go the Web plan my phone also says GSM now. It used to say EDGE and then data connection failure.

Is there any hope I can get on the internet on my phone without the unlimited BB plan? And I don't know what i'm payin 5.99 for if i dont have access to t-zone or the Web at all.

all i want is 1000 min unlimited texts an some internet without paying a ridiculous amount each month
Old 07-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #209
NathanMarks

Carrier: Tmobile

MegaMan X

T-Mobile told me that the system won't even let them do it now.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #210
jumpfroggy

I just tried here too. I actually do have two phones I'm switching between (Treo 650 and Blackberry Pearl) and I want tzones for the Treo, and MMS for the Pearl. I called up, the guy was nice, but he did say they he couldn't add both the Blackberry Feature Enabler (BFE) and TZones to the same account. He also said that even if he overrides it, the system scans for conflicts every day and will automatically remove things that conflict.

So right now my account is voice + 5.99 TMobileWeb (ie. TZones) + 400 TXT. Looks like I'd have to give up tzones to get BFE, or vice versa. Has anyone tried this recently? Does anyone's still work? Some thoughts I had: I could cancel tzones and put on BFE, and then go back. If the BFE is like a service book, maybe it'd stay on my pearl and still allow service?

This is really disappointing... the blackberry internet plan doesn't include TXT messages, so it really is a lot more expensive than just tzones.

One Question: the rep said that the Treo can't use the Blackberry Internet plan. I suspect that the Blackberry plan would enable internet in general, and that the Treo would still be able to use WAP/tzones. Can anyone else comment on this?

EDIT: Nevermind on the last question, found this:
T-Mobile Data - HowardForums Wiki
"Blackberry Plan - ...The internet portion of this service may be used on non-BlackBerry devices as a substitute for T-Mobile Internet..."
So it looks like I can get the Blackberry Internet Plan and use it for my Treo and Blackberry. Still too expensive...

Last edited by jumpfroggy; 09-14-2007 at 12:16 PM..
Old 09-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #211
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmutuma View Post
okay i've been reading this whole convo and i'm a bit confused. I'll just tell you where i'm at.

i have a 1,000 min voiceplan
Unlimited domestic messages

I just signed up for T-Mobile Web thinking that would give me internet access

Now when i hit my t-zone browser it says "You are not currently in an areas that can handle data communication. As a result, the Browser cannot retreive any Web pages"

Then I downloaded Opera Mini. It peforms test after test (20 of them). It says over and over and over: "The application operette $2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firwall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by yout IT policy"

SInce I go the Web plan my phone also says GSM now. It used to say EDGE and then data connection failure.

Is there any hope I can get on the internet on my phone without the unlimited BB plan? And I don't know what i'm payin 5.99 for if i dont have access to t-zone or the Web at all.

all i want is 1000 min unlimited texts an some internet without paying a ridiculous amount each month
You need the apn settings for TMobile. Go to Options >Advanced Options >TCP. Enter the following:

apn:wap.voicestream.com
username:
password:

leave username and password blank.

If it still doesn't work you may need a different internet plan with TMobile.

Your message about inside/outside the firewall is because your BB has leftover IT policy on it. As long as you are not on the BES that pushed the policy you can remove it. Follow the instructions below:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ve-policy.html
Old 09-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #212
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpfroggy View Post
"Blackberry Plan - . Still too expensive...
This is the cheapest Blackberry data plan out there. TMobile offers the best rates on their data plans. Personally, I think $19.95 for unlilmited BB data, email, and tethering is VERY reasonable.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #213
jumpfroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
This is the cheapest Blackberry data plan out there. TMobile offers the best rates on their data plans. Personally, I think $19.95 for unlilmited BB data, email, and tethering is VERY reasonable.
It's not bad if you really need it. It's just me being a consumer; I want it all. I currently have a Treo 650 using tzones for $6/mo, and WAP browsing works for me. I'd love to the same on the Pearl, but to do just the same exact things on the Pearl costs $20/mo instead of $6/mo. That's a $14/mo difference simply to use a different phone for the same tasks, which means the Pearl is $168/year more expensive to operate than the Treo for me. I realize the higher fee gives you more service... but I want the same service, not more. I really just want tzones/wap to work on my pearl, which it does not.

So I do agree with you, $20/mo is reasonable for unlimited email/web/etc if you need all that. But I just wish there were a lesser option for people like me that just need wap/tzones, like on the treo.

(BTW, I'm sure someone will ask why not just stick with the Treo- I probably will for now, but the reason I wanted a Pearl is because the Treo is a miserable little device and I was hoping to upgrade to a non-palm PDA)
Old 09-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #214
LiLaSiiAn8

PIN: always changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMan X View Post
With the BlackBerry Feature Enabler, you can:

- Send Picture Messages without a BIS/BES plan
- Use the OZ Messenger Instant Messaging Client (Uses SMS, so be careful)
- Allow you to use T-Zones Portal (Access their WAP homepage)

With the current $5.99 TmobileWeb Plan in addition to the BlackBerry Feature Enabler

-Use Opera Mini to surf html websites.
-Use Opera Mini to check email via websites
-Use JiveTalk for your instant messaging needs (uses data, and $5.99 Tmobileweb plan is unlimited data)
-Browse ANY wap site using T-Zones Portal

Without the BlackBerry Feature Enabler plan
-CANNOT send picture messages
-CANNOT browse T-Zones
-CANNOT use OZ Client
Does Blackberry Messenger work with the Blackberry Feature Enabler? Also, I canceled my BIS yesterday and my net still works. Even with a battery pull. I hope it continues to function.

I called CS yesterday to add the T-Zones and the CS said she added it, but when I went online to check, the box was un-checked. I had talked to the Blackberry CS and he said that I would just be wasting my money to add the T-Zones so I wasn't persistent.

I didn't know that T-Mobile had a computer scan for errors every night. That is wicked!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:41 AM   #215
John Clark
BBF Moderator

No, sorry, BBMessenger requires the BB data plan in order to work. It uses PIN Messaging which only comes with the data plan.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:49 PM   #216
vthree

Default they should adopt the sk plan for bb

why dont they just do that?
unlimited data + unlimited txts 19.99..
the only reason why i miss my sk3.

so retarded you have to fudge out 19.99 for the internet and email then another 14.99 for unlimited txts.. where as when i had my sidekick i could have it all for only 19.99...

i guess since blackblerrys are supposed to be for pros.. we gotta charge a pro rate. i think its unfair. and now have canceled my bb plan and only have 400 txts... i'm a college student.

i'd switch back to the sk3. but the pearl is more size friendly and fully compatible with my car. [06 tsx.]
Old 09-16-2007, 11:12 PM   #217
John Clark
BBF Moderator

The blackberry data plan is a data plan that actually goes through the carrier to RIM for data. It's a bit more complicated than just a cell phone data plan. I'm sure RIM charges the carriers extra for this connection, and thus why it's an extra charge for us. Most of the time the carriers do add/include their own carrier internet connection as well as part of the package.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #218
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-25-2007 at 02:42 AM..
Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #219
tech no logy

Carrier: was ATT now Tmobile

The IM messages were using my text messaging plan even when I have the BB 19.99 unlimited plan. The only IM type usage the unlimited BB plan uses is the pin to pin or the BB messaging. I couldnt get the pearl to download any other IM program nor could I get Opera to work. And I really dont understand why opera appears to be blocked esp when I am paying for the unlimited BB plan with internet.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #220
John Clark
BBF Moderator

The built in IM client on the 8100 does use sms/text messaging for it's messages.

You can download a great app called JiveTalk that will integrate all your IM services into one app. It does yahoo, google, aol, icq and msn. There is a one time charge for the program but it's well worth the $30.

Opera (and other 3rd party apps) should work fine as long as you have your apn settings entered under Options >Advanced Options >TCP.
Closed Thread