BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #221
herskovitz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I applied the patch and all seems ok, I'm just waiting for my IT dept to hok me back up.

A question for the group is, can I remove the calendar patch after applying this upgrade?

Right after I applied the upgrade I had 2 crashes; I removed the calendar patch and all seems fine now.

Brian
Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #222
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: *

The standalone calendar patch is no longer needed with this OS.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #223
tifosiv122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I'm guessing his actually shows 4.2.2.66 not 4.2.66. Yours is up to date.
That makes a ton of sense, he just read it wrong.

Thanks,
Erik
Old 08-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #224
RadioDude
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Default new update

I did the update today and now see 2 versions in my control panel,one from 5/28 and now 8/13 can the earlier version 5/28 be deleted. thanks

both say 4.2.2
Old 08-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #225
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Yes, you can delete the earlier version. If you ever want to downgrade for any reason, though, you'll have to reinstall it.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 AM   #226
RadioDude
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Yes, you can delete the earlier version. If you ever want to downgrade for any reason, though, you'll have to reinstall it.
On 2nd thoughts i better hold on to it,i just noticed that my scroll wheel/mouse button light is no longer working,does not come on at all so i called vzw tech support and there checking on it with other depts and blackberry and waiting on a call back.

(UPDATE)
vzw tech called back and said there must have been a glitch when downloading update,looked at my phone and the light was back on,2 minutes later back off again so i dont know what's going on with it.

Last edited by RadioDude; 08-14-2007 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: update
Old 08-14-2007, 07:05 AM   #227
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

Doing the update now

Hopefully this will cure my stupid missed calls :(
Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #228
jkochchs

After the upgrade it seems that two e-mail features have been "impacted".

The "auto more" as well as the "view attachment" feature come back with "... request cannot be completed. Service book information not found".

Any thoughts what might have gone wrong? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Superficially the installation went through properly.

Thanks in advance.....
Old 08-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #229
cwosigns
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9300
Carrier: AT&T

my guess would be...log into your BIS and send your service books.
Columbus, Ohio
Old 08-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #230
jkochchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkochchs View Post
After the upgrade it seems that two e-mail features have been "impacted".

The "auto more" as well as the "view attachment" feature come back with "... request cannot be completed. Service book information not found".

Any thoughts what might have gone wrong? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Superficially the installation went through properly.

Thanks in advance.....
as an additional piece of information, it only seems to be an issue with email through BES (others are fine), no email alerts, no attachments, no auto more. Non BES mail is fine. Resending BES service book didn't seem to help.

Does this upgrade work without a BES upgrade? Is there one?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #231
DS28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioDude View Post
On 2nd thoughts i better hold on to it,i just noticed that my scroll wheel/mouse button light is no longer working,does not come on at all so i called vzw tech support and there checking on it with other depts and blackberry and waiting on a call back.

(UPDATE)
vzw tech called back and said there must have been a glitch when downloading update,looked at my phone and the light was back on,2 minutes later back off again so i dont know what's going on with it.

Wasn't this part of the patch? The keypad/trackball lighting was changed so that it's easier to see in medium-lighting conditions. Try taking it into a completely dark environment and see if it lights up. If it does, then you're fine.

What you mention in your "update" may just be a result of the phone being at different angles and the light sensor detecting a brighter/darker ambient lighting.

Just a thought to save you some trouble...
Old 08-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #232
wellsheit

I doubt many of you use blue tooth smart card readers, but if you do, this upgrade will screw up the maps on your blackberry. Don't ask me why or how, because I don't know. All i know is on multiple devices, as soon as you pair our bluetooth cac readers with the blackberry you get a java error pop up instantly when you try to open maps. i have another post about this issue. blackberries that have not yet been upgraded or that we have bumped down to 4.2.2.66? that came on the cd's will pair and work fine. unpairing the cac sleds will allow the maps to start working again without even a reboot. its strange, but i have several hours working an order just to figure out its a software glitch.

Brad
Old 08-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #233
wat718

Default New software doesn't address low volume

I have a Verizon 8830. I had hoped that RIM would have included a 'fix' for the low volume IN THIS NEW SOFTWARE VERSION (.148)but apparently its just as low as always,,I tried bringing it down to low, saving then bringing it up to high and saving,,, hard reset etc.. NO change,, HOW SAD THAT RIM DID NOT ADDRESS THIS VOLUME ISSUE.

HOWARD
Old 08-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #234
Mortgage_It
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130

It appears they bumped the volume up when the blackberry is in the holster. Mine is louder for sure.
8130 (current)
Old 08-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #235
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortgage_It View Post
It appears they bumped the volume up when the blackberry is in the holster. Mine is louder for sure.
What about women who carry this phone in their purse or others who carry it in their pockets. My thought... it was a bad move to limit the volume change to those who carry this in a holster. It's stupid on RIM's part. Yet more proof that these guys don't always think before they act or for that matter test things out logically.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #236
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsheit View Post
I doubt many of you use blue tooth smart card readers, but if you do, this upgrade will screw up the maps on your blackberry. Don't ask me why or how, because I don't know. All i know is on multiple devices, as soon as you pair our bluetooth cac readers with the blackberry you get a java error pop up instantly when you try to open maps. i have another post about this issue. blackberries that have not yet been upgraded or that we have bumped down to 4.2.2.66? that came on the cd's will pair and work fine. unpairing the cac sleds will allow the maps to start working again without even a reboot. its strange, but i have several hours working an order just to figure out its a software glitch.

Brad
I suggest you report these to RIM via [email address]. You can report it to Verizon, but I'll bet you a million that you'll probably run into someone who doesn't even know what you're talking about. Then they'll setup for a callback from a higher level tech, but that tech will tell you it's a RIM problem and to take it up with them, but neglect to connect you to RIM directly and ask you to call them yourself, which will do nothing because they won't take a support call unless you have a support contract.

Welcome to Verizon Customer Care.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #237
RadioDude
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcturnan View Post
This update wrecked my original 8830 at the very last step as it did for some others.

Long story short - Verizon shipped me another 8830 and I stupidly sync'd. Then I had 2 dead 8830s. Thankfully Verizon came to rescue with a 3rd 8830 - I'm leaving it AS IS.

They ordered one sent to me today,this new version stopped my track ball from lighting up,should have it by friday.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #238
wat718

Even thought They say that the ringer is louder in the holster, I don't hear it.. maybe cause the leather magnetic closure strap tends to block the speaker. Nevertheless on the positive side I have noticed that the the blue keyboard backlight tends NOT to go on as frequently making the keyboard easier to read in moderatley lit environments. The bright blue backlight to the keyboard made it really difficult to read in a well lit rooms. The must have made the sensor less sensitive. Also, yes the fluctuating cdma meter is fixed, the default font used for menus is bolder as well. still wish they could have makde the ringer louder in all profiles, not just supposedly in the holster. The ringers play very loud in the media player, so it obviously has the hardware capability to play loud. One other good thing is that because the keyboard backlight tends to go on less fequently it is less of a drain on the battery and improves battery life slightly, which IS a good thing.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #239
wat718

Another weird thing,, after installing the .148 os update I have noticed that when i delete mail it doesn't offer me the option to delete it from just the handset and/or the handset and mailbox like it used to do...the other email accounts I have that are no t aol still do offer the option to delete the mail from the mailbox so its either an os upgrade made for aol or coincidentally aol has stopped that feature from working with rim's server. Anyoone notice this?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #240
wat718

I meant that the choice to delete from the maimlbox has stopped with aol mail now,, not the others.. (sorry)
Closed Thread