jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudres View Post
If you stop and think about it, heating is not unreasonable. The Storm has three transmitters, three receivers, a cpu, video controller, audio amplifier memory , etc. all these things throw off heat. I took a trip on Monday using the phone, bluetooth and gps simultaneously and it got hot. Connecting to the car charger made it hotter. So, heating has a lot to do with the load you are running. Also, have unused software running in background makes the situation worse. 73

My Storm seems to get very warm while charging too!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #22
camping147

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I have had this happen twice. Once last week and just this morning. I plugged it in to charge it overnight when i went to bed and i woke up to it hot. I took out the battery and the battery was hot. It seems the overcharge protection for the battery isnt working. I havent really noticed a decrease in battery life but I would not like to have a crappy battery from now on just because it overcharged it. Both times I called someone while it was plugged in and the next morning it was hot. I dont know if that is an issue or not.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #23
black betty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: PRICK
Carrier: TMO/AT&T

mine is also getting warm,
Old 01-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #24
gmichelson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

I had problem with Storm "overheating" once, it happened at the Chicago Civic Opera, and my explanation was that Opera building is shielded and phone was constantly looking for connection. Not sure how good my assumption is, but that is my theory and I am sticking to it . Next opera is few weeks away, so I would have a chance to test it.
Closed Thread