BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:59 AM   #21
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I am in college and could not live without my VZW 7130e. I have a 7250 and upgraded to the 7130e. I can keep up to date with my email; in addition I can txt message with my friends with the benefit of the keyboard. I also use the task and calendar to keep up to date on my group meetings and assignments. In addition I have added an IM client to mine so I can IM before, during and after class. Hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #22
kweenbee

Model: 8320
PIN: 242395B8
Carrier: tmobile

I'm a college student who is also self-employed. I can't live without my BB 7105t. The emails keep me up to date while I am in class, so I don't have to constantly run to a nearby comp. I love it!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #23
timmyc123
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile

Junior in HIGH SCHOOL, 7730!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 PM   #24
ChristianinCA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyc123
WOW! This is amazing! I am reminded of a recent conversation at the bank where I was thumbing away at a very important email *rolls eyes* and a 13yo guy tapped me on the shoulder and asked to see my phone. He looks at it a moment, and pulls out an unlocked 8700r. I was amazed. I cannot believe how a tool used for business has now made its way into popular culture. Nice parents, I'm telling you. At 13 I surely didn't have a cell phone. I'm 21, and my parents think I'm crazy for having a cell phone now. Go figure
Google Talk: Christianinca
Email: text [email address]
Old 04-13-2006, 02:18 AM   #25
timmyc123
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7730/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I was going to get a sidekick but I like the blackberry so much better and I work at a TV station so its good to have! I also do a lot of freelance video work and other things so I'm more of an adult junior haha.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:24 AM   #26
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianinCA
WOW! This is amazing! I am reminded of a recent conversation at the bank where I was thumbing away at a very important email *rolls eyes* and a 13yo guy tapped me on the shoulder and asked to see my phone. He looks at it a moment, and pulls out an unlocked 8700r. I was amazed. I cannot believe how a tool used for business has now made its way into popular culture. Nice parents, I'm telling you. At 13 I surely didn't have a cell phone. I'm 21, and my parents think I'm crazy for having a cell phone now. Go figure
Your not kidding. Since I work as a Sales Manager for Cingular, I constantly see kids "bullying" their parents in to expensive phones. I think to myself, "if that were my kid, I would tell him to shell out the cash for it him/herself. If they responded they didnt have that much, then I would tell them to shut the **** up." But...then again, I don't think I am ready to be a parent. Maybe you are supposed to buy your kids all of those things. If thats the case, when I have kids, their gonna hate me.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #27
muskiemania
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: tmo

for my first half of college I thought that blackberrys were just another variation of Palm VII...haha. Thankfully, I snapped out of that one. I was getting sooo many emails from my job that the berry ended up being a hell of a lot more than just the newest gadget I had blown my "allowance" on. Also saved me from having to bring my laptop with me to every class. Now I've got a 7100 and a 7290 and if tmobile would get their heads out of there a$$es i might be able to get my hands on an 8700g...
Old 04-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #28
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

I work full time and go to college part time, have 2 kids and a beautiful wife. A blackberry is essential for e-mail and the all too often brain-fart. Helps keep me organized.

As far as kids having a Blackberry, there should be an age limit, you can't have a BB unless you're old enough to vote.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #29
Archangel3583
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Certain members of the human race are not meant to get their grubby little paws on such delicious trinkets as a BlackBerry.

*snuggles with his 7520*
Old 04-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #30
noeffectx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: 123456
Carrier: T-mobile
Default in college

i use mine mainly for school. esp for the school email. well thats if my 7290 works. i'm on my 3rd 7290 from tmobile in less than 2months.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #31
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

WOW Sounds like me. I had 2 7730's and 1 7100t in less than 6 weeks last year.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #32
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Got a question that came up from reading another thread. How many of you type your notes on your BlackBerry during class or record your notes on a tape recorder or paper and then make a hard copy on your BlackBerry? Is a BT keyboard good for this because I am going back to college next semester and need a new way to take notes.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #33
ChristianinCA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaJ1074
Got a question that came up from reading another thread. How many of you type your notes on your BlackBerry during class or record your notes on a tape recorder or paper and then make a hard copy on your BlackBerry? Is a BT keyboard good for this because I am going back to college next semester and need a new way to take notes.
Most of my profs are pretty inteligible as far as technology goes. A few of my profs have BBs. Its Stanford...so most people are techies. I take notes like crazy on my BB. If things become too intense, or a professor asks that I put the BB down *glare* I use paper. I really hate pulling out my laptop, although I have to say...even after having my 8700 all this time...I still bring my Laptop to class (they're required in some classes). I do not use a BT keyboard as I am faster thumbing away. I still use paper during labs and disection...typing is difficult with gloves on. I love the cool factor that having a BB affords. Especially with powerpoint slides and speaking notes right on the BB. Kids are constantly coming up to me and asking about it. I attribute my 4.0 to a combo of my 8700 and Exchange my mail for making things accessible.
Google Talk: Christianinca
Email: text [email address]
Old 04-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #34
thecrimsonmuffin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyc123
Senior in high school. 8700g. Personal use only, since I don't have a job, lol.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #35
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

I had a 7130e I used at school and have now switched to a 8700g I use it to track homework assigments, classes, quick research etc like most all of the rest of you. I also use it for work to keep in touch with clients (Catering) and my boss, use it also at my police department I volunteer for because in LE if you've got a camera phone you can't take it in places, also many of us have BB's and use the BB messenger so we don't have to use the radio!