BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #21
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I have the T-Mobile wifi phones (obviously no data) for my family (three teens!!!!!) and we love it - no more worrying about going over minutes! No issues switching from the hotspot to cell, can't even tell.

I had T-Mobile come show us the 8320 this week at work - very nice. They told me they hope it will be available by the end of September (but they want us to buy 300+ and sign a two year BSA)
Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #22
30PSI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Hi Andi,

So the curve would be in the $300 price range? As far as wifi goes have you tried browsing internet with it? Hopefully it'll be much faster than EDGE also wifi hotspot is included in the blackberry plan correct? I just signed up for a 2 year contract and saving my phone discount for this.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #23
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Well....we would be working a deal on the price (if we go that route) buying over 300 units we would probably pay less than $300 each, no idea what the "consumer" price will be. The wifi monthly charge for my personal phones is $9.99 a month right now going up (not if you get in on the introductory offer so we will stay at 9.99) to $19.99 a month "soon" per customer care. Our corporate bbs are voice barred so we pay $39.99 a month for BES data and we were told it will be another $15 a month for adding the wifi service. Not sure if we'll get any better deal than that or how they will work that with consumers.

We browsed with it and I did notice pages loaded faster BUT we are in the Sears tower so our reception here is horrible so it wasn't a very good test.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #24
Goowakjai
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mo

why is tmobile crappy with the phones? every other company gets the cool new phone while tmo takes months for them to release it.

And on top of that the phones its self suck....ATT had the blackjack, and the 8800, verizon gets The Q and all the cool Razr phone at the time.

Tmo comes with the dash and wing..WTF? on the dumb ass gold razr with the old OS

8700 --> 8120 -->8320 -->iPhone 2G --> 8320 --> iPhone 3G -->8900 -->9700
Old 08-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #25
30PSI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sounds like you guys will be getting a really good deal. I work for fedex and tmo only gives us 10% discount on monthly plan, on the other hand we get 32% discount from at&t/cingular this is just corporate employee discount though. So wifi service is something we have to pay extra I thought I read somewhere and they say it'll be included in the $19.99 blackberry plan.

Goowakjai,
I kinda agreed with you I would've switched to AT&T if it wasn't for tmo 1,000 minutes for $39.99 promotion plan I signed up for couple weeks ago, it's just hard to beat that for the same price you only get 450 min from AT&T.

Last edited by 30PSI; 08-10-2007 at 09:33 AM..
Old 08-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #26
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Our corporate bbs are voice barred so we pay $39.99 a month for BES data and we were told it will be another $15 a month for adding the wifi service.
Just for clarification, it should be referred to as the UMA service; the Wifi won't be locked and can be used freely, it's the UMA service you'll pay for above & beyond the current bill.

I'm one of the ones in the camp that wants the Wifi device for data, and will not be using UMA.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #27
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitty View Post
The 3.5mm jack is great as I was always misplacing the 2.5-3.5mm adapter I was using with the 8800. I'm always plugging the iPod adapter into it and using my BlackBerry in the car now.
If possible, can you comment on using a 3.5mm Stereo Headset that, while listening to music, doesn't invoke the Voice Dialing app to auto dial even with a little wind? THis drove me to complete 100% frustration and the sole reason for me echanging mine & selling my Peal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I had T-Mobile come show us the 8320 this week at work - very nice. They told me they hope it will be available by the end of September (but they want us to buy 300+ and sign a two year BSA)
Can you confirm those "My Favs" dots under the battery latch in the photo I found & posted above, please? Also is the 8320 more of a single tone instead of the stark 2-tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goowakjai View Post
why is tmobile crappy with the phones? every other company gets the cool new phone while tmo takes months for them to release it.

And on top of that the phones its self suck....ATT had the blackjack, and the 8800, verizon gets The Q and all the cool Razr phone at the time.

Tmo comes with the dash and wing..WTF? on the dumb ass gold razr with the old OS
Hehe .... hey if you had $15 Billion to spend and acquire licenses for a new spectrum of 3G service and more to actually build & implement it without affecting service; lets see what phones you own in your cabinet.

I'll agre that hte Wing & the Gold Razr was low class, but the Wing still is powerful & has useful features but way to much customization & branding.
Closed Thread