Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #21
sosoto

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anymanusa View Post
Speaking of 'wacky things'- my storm has already done some wacky things, like while I'm typing a text, if I hold my fingers in one place on the keyboard too long, the letters turn into a different language, and then sometimes the screen goes blank, and the camera comes on...

not good signs, but I put up with a whole lot of crap on my windows laptops, so I suppose it is par for the course with these computer gadgets.
Nice to hear someone else has the same bizzare behavior....my camera comes on in a small window sometimes when I am typing messages. I also can't seem to hold a charge for more than 6 hours. The thing is sitting on the desk and I received 4 or so calls all day (yes - I still want it and use it) but then the battery is dead. Any ideas ??? I charge every night and it still happens
Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #22
johnlatessa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPh 5
Carrier: Verizon

Go to Options, Advanced Options, and Applications

Uninstall anything you don't actually use (minus the core apps), such as Visual Voice Mail, VZ Navigator, and the like.

That should help.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 PM   #23
ankitb4u
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I had the same issues. I work during the nights and obviously no one calls me at night. But, I have a charger at my desk. So, when I go to home my phone is fully charged and when I would wake up at 1 it would be literally dead.
So, I went to Best buy crying about it, with the hopes of a new phone. And they gave me a new battery.
It still kept doing the same thing and now they swapped it out for a new phone. And I am happy.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #24
CFBerg

Model: Storm

Didn' see this above, but when I had this issue some wise folks told me to make sure that my GPS was set to "E911 Only" when I wasn't using any GPS apps. This did the trick for me and I have pretty normal battery life now...couple of days or so...unless I turn GPS back on for my Garmin or BBGPSGolf app. Hope that helps.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #25
jennienoeline

Model: 9530t
Default See if this helps for battery life...

First on the home screen: Hold down the Blackberry menu button until a quick menu pops up on your screen next to the green phone button).

How many programs are running in the quick menu? The only programs that should be running are:
Home screen
Phone
Browser (should be on the home screen and not on a website)

If there is a program in that quick menu that pulls up after holding the blackberry key down then select it and hit the blackberry button while in that program and then select close. Repeat this step until all programs are closed.

Reminder: When you are done with an application you should always hit the back key DOES NOT close a program, it merely minimizes it but keeps it running so it can drain battery and cause the phone to freeze.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #26
mrf30
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
Carrier: verizon

another one that helps i have noticed and its simple but i didnt catch it until second day is in connections, mobile connections if your on verizon and have to plans to travel change it from global to 1xev i did this and it helped
Old 04-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #27
Rathman2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
Sorry, and I am not trying to insult you, but that's total bunk! If your VZ Navigator is not running it has absolutely effect on your battery life. If your notion was sound, why not delete all the apps you never use and extend the battery life even further? If you aren't using VZ Navigator, the app is simply occupying space on the hard drive. Nothing more. I think someone started that VZ Navigator deletion tip because they were actually using it and leaving it running and forgot to shut it down when it was not in use. So, of course when they deleted the app the battery life improved. Now I see this bad tip surfacing again throughout this forum. It's bunk!!! I have the app in my phone and my battery life is fine.
I would like to kindly disagree. I never used VZ Navigator and my battery was dieing in 8 hours or less. I removed the application altogether and I saw an immediate difference in the battery's resilience. The batter wasn't perfect when I removed it, but my battery died in about 12 hours after using it.

To the poster. I read that the battery just takes awhile to kick in. I had my BB Storm for almost a month and had constant battery problems and then they all of a sudden just stopped. Hope that helps a bit?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #28
cuidate

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-mobile

I've had my storm for just a couple of weeks. It's a Verizon Model but unlocked GSM and am using it on T-Mobile. It had a few quirks but suddenly I can't get it to take a charge using either the AC charger or connecting it to the USB. That would be a nuisance I could address ordinarily but I am sitting in the Miami airport and will leave for Cuba in ten hours.

I am also unable to get Desktop Manager to see it so I can't even upgrade the OS which I know is 4.7 but beyond that I don't know. I bought a replacement battery but it's in my check-in luggage so I won't see it until I'm already in Cuba and by then it's too late to do anything.

I have tried taking out the battery (severl times), deleting the Ve GPS software, but nothing helps. When I connect it with the AC adapter it shows the lightning bolt indicating it is charging but it doesn't. I'm down now to 15% so I turned it off and left it plugged into the AC charger. I am not a happy camper.
Closed Thread