Dodge DeBoulet
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
That is a pipe dream.
It's a pipe dream to expect it to happen without anyone making a stink about it, yes.
Quote:
Regardless, you are out of line here. Please clean up your language on this forum.
Sorry, I don't think I'm out of line. I'm not happy this subject comes up all the time either, but the standard "that's the way it is, adapt or die" response is bull. Redirection towards a solution, even one as simplistic as a "suggestions" email address, is a far more useful response.

Finally . . .too many times, assumptions are made that changing a feature would cause more problems than it resolves. An assumption I feel to be fallacious in this case. The condescending "think about it" aiharkness is so fond of dismisses those of us that have thought about it, in depth, and found the "feature" wanting.

Regarding language: Point taken, I'll attempt to be more "Family Friendly" in the future (not that I've been particularly abusive of the rules in the past). I won't apologize for what I've said, though. The whole "live with it" thing chaps my backside (can I say backside?).
Old 07-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #22
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

One last time, to try and patch thing ups here, Dodge DeBoulet, I think you are taking offense at something I said that wasn't aimed at you. If my carelessness gave that impression, I apologize. I know people do things a different way and they've been eloquent about it. I blew my top in frustration at th new BBF members who write like they are in a panic and their life is turned upside down because they have to manually change the timezone, and they don't search and read up on the topic. I'm sorry you didn't get my intent.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #23
Robm15

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

This thread cracks me up because it reminds me of so many other cases were this kind attitude comes up.

1) Mac computer users that try to use a Windows computer, or vice-a-versa: It doesn't work like that on my other computer.

2) GM car drivers verses Ford car drivers: But the tank is on the other side on my last car.

3) Refrigerators: why does the door open the wrong way on this model?

There are many many more, but the point being that just because it doesn't work like you think it should, doesn't mean it is a flaw. I admit that when I traveled to NY from Seattle after getting my blackberry, I was surprised that my time didn't come up with local NY time. But in a few seconds I realized I needed to tell the BB which time zone I wanted to see, and then I was very happy to see my calendar showed all my meetings in the 'new' local time. I thought that was genius. But I know not everyone thinks the same way.

Last edited by Robm15; 07-19-2007 at 01:33 PM..
Old 07-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #24
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Rob, I think that's gasoline you're putting on this fire here.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #25
Gunny_Tx

Model: 8700c
Carrier: ATT

OK, then why does my 8700c not keep up the correct time in the correct timezone? I have the device set to update via the network. This has been happening for a while, even after upgrading the OS yesterday.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #26
jaltman

Model: curve
Carrier: att

Frequent traveler - the ability to automatically display network time seems to be important to enough people that a theme that displays both home and network times might just stop all this nonsense. Any ideas?

Last edited by jaltman; 08-30-2007 at 08:23 AM..
Old 08-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #27
RickCharles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I actually prefer the manner in which the BB adjusts for time. I use my BB more as an extension of my PC, and it just happens to have a phone with it. The calendar feature of the BB is an offline version of my Outlook calendar, and it wirelessly synchs with it. If I have a conference call scheduled at 11:00 am CDT, and then I travel to London, I don't want that conference call on my calendar to switch to 11:00 am, London time. When I change the time zone on my BB, it will now show the conference call at 5:00 pm London time, which is the correct time of my conference call. Very simple and the way I like it.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #28
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCharles View Post
I actually prefer the manner in which the BB adjusts for time. I use my BB more as an extension of my PC, and it just happens to have a phone with it. The calendar feature of the BB is an offline version of my Outlook calendar, and it wirelessly synchs with it. If I have a conference call scheduled at 11:00 am CDT, and then I travel to London, I don't want that conference call on my calendar to switch to 11:00 am, London time. When I change the time zone on my BB, it will now show the conference call at 5:00 pm London time, which is the correct time of my conference call. Very simple and the way I like it.

I agree I work in different time zones I weekly and I like the way my BB does the time I know that if I have an appointment in alabama at 11 am I set my BB for 12 pm its no biggy deal with it or move to a device that does what you want it to. Its not flawed.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 AM   #29
jaltman

Model: curve
Carrier: att

I am warming to the idea that the BB adjusts my appts once I change the TZ. If it did it automatically, then life would be so much better. Can it?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:38 AM   #30
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
I am warming to the idea that the BB adjusts my appts once I change the TZ. If it did it automatically, then life would be so much better. Can it?
I guess you didnt read anything in this post.

SMFH
Closed Thread