BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #381
jcstannell

Model: 9900
Carrier: O2

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know if you can use BB Messenger from your desktop? I know that I can install the BlackBerry Manager software and create low level users to be able to do this, but I would much rather have people using a piece of middleware not directly linked to my BES.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #382
julesagogo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Suncom > Cingular > AT&T
Arrow

I'm looking for a way to chat using multiple google talk screen names at the same time...is this possible? I'm using Talk now on my non-BES Pearl w/AT&T but it only allows one screen name to sign in at a time.

HEY I found this:

Google Talk "Hacks"

Google Talk also has several "hacks" or things you can use to enhance your communicational experience. They include making your words italic and bold. Also many users have found out a way to log in with multiple logins by changing the target of the shortcut.

Here: Google Talk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I doubt it can be used with the BB client...if anyone knows how to do it on the web, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchin View Post
...I use Google Talk for free via the BWC...
This is interesting...how does one use google talk via the bwc?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #383
fletcherz

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telecom Personal
Default Yahoo Messenger IM Support & MSN

Does anyone know if the "BlackBerry Yahoo! Messenger" supports / works with contacts in the "MSN/Live Messenger" network, as the PC client does?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #384
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstannell View Post
Does anyone know if you can use BB Messenger from your desktop? I know that I can install the BlackBerry Manager software and create low level users to be able to do this, but I would much rather have people using a piece of middleware not directly linked to my BES.
No, you can't. PIN messaging used in BBMessenger is only for BB to BB. There is no desktop application.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #385
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesagogo View Post
I'm looking for a way to chat using multiple google talk screen names at the same time...is this possible? I'm using Talk now on my non-BES Pearl w/AT&T but it only allows one screen name to sign in at a time.
Jules, I believe JiveTalk allows more than one google talk chat account.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #386
luke.abp

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Help with getting AIM mobile

Hey I'm a new abuser of the almighty BB, but I'm having some issues. I only use AIM so I try to download the mobile version from RIM and AOL only to have a message come up that I have to use IE because of ActiveX. I use a Mac and the page says that I can download it over the air right to the BB, but I try I just get the same AciveX warning. It's driving me crazy so any help would be great. I'm using an AT&T Curve.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #387
myndkandi

Model: 7290
Carrier: cingular

AAARGH! Help meeee! I have a company bb 8700c NOT on bes, w/ cingy. I want an instant messenger. Verichat was PERFECT, but before I could get done w/ checking the avail IM clients, THEY STOPPED SELLING! (Ive had my bb for about 6-8 mo). Jivetalk is next best, but it kept kicking my exhusband off my list and sending buddy add requests to him a couple of times a day. I tried yahoo GO, but its not for the cingy network (refer to "when I try to log in it says to go to www.blackberry.com/go/yahoo to register"- this is the cause). I am data only, can't use OZ messenger... can't find a good yahoo client. PLEASE! Anything... willing to pay if its as perfect as Verichat...
Old 08-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #388
flipmatix

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I am a new user to the bb community so please stick with me. I have an 8830 and I just want to confirm that google talk and jivetalk etc use only the data plan. I know it was stated above but I am getting confused in the term OZ. What does that mean and which programs actually use the unlimited text rather than data so as I can avoid those progs. Thanks again for your patience.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #389
flipmatix

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I am new to the BB world and I want to assure myself that google talk also uses data and not SMS.I know it was said before for a different program but I want to make sure. I am looking at purchasing jivetalk but verichat looks more useful (the yearly deal still seems a bit much). Also what programs actually use SMS charges instead of data so I know to avoid these messaging progs?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #390
myndkandi

Model: 7290
Carrier: cingular

Yes google and yahoo for bb are data only. OZ instant msgr is Cingulars (at least i know for sure cingy uses it) instant messenger. It uses data and sms. All of these options for messaging (oz, google talk, yahoo messenger, jivetalk, verichat) are just clients they all haev different setups, so its good to find out before hand what services they use. AND btw- if you know where to buy the year of VERICHAT- LET ME KNOW!!! its worth it by far as it is the best of the best of the best messengers available.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #391
dclinks

Model: pearl
PIN: 2408974B

Hi I'm a new member here and I have to say the information is GREAT even for a tech novice like myself.

I do have a question. I downloaded OZ Instant Messanger on my Black berry pearl and it was working great for a while, trhen yesterday i tried to open in and I got a pop up message "uncaught exception: 0 > = 0"

anyone know how to fix it or got a better program to download for Instant messaging?

I tried deleting and reinstalling but got the same error...

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #392
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile 2001-2007, AT&T 8/26/07 ->
Default Insntant Messenger Software list for Blackberry

I was looking for a list of available messenger service providers/softare for Blackberry, but didn't notice on, so made my own.

Feel free to contribute.

=================================

While you can continue using OZ on your branded blackberry and pay $$$ out of pocket for each and every message you send and receive, you can use one of these messengers and pay nothing (other than your data service monthly charge for BES or BIS plans)

beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging
Jive Talk is a great alternative to any messenger suite. it comes with AIM, YAHOO, MSN, Google Talk, ICQ and Jabber compatible connections. Downside is that it is not free

Other option is EQO,
EQO - How EQO Works
It is free for messenger options, and just hopes that you will eventually sign up for SMS service, international calling and other premium services. Allows you to connect to MSN, AIM, Yahoo!, Google Talk, ICQ and Jabber!

Blackberry Yahoo Messenger
http://www.blackberry.com/YahooDownload/index.do
Well, all it does is letting you connect to Yahoo Messenger network over your data connection. This software needs additional service books on your BB and may not work with AT&T.

Blackberry AIM Messenger,
http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...ry.do?code=aim
Service books dependent, may not work on all service providers, beware of added charges. Not supported by few carriers.

MSN Live Messenger,
http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...ry.do?code=msn
Again, service books dependent, may not work on all service providers, beware of added charges.

VeriChat,
PDAapps
Works on 6xxx and 7xxx series and requires MDS Mobile Data Services enabled. Unfortunately it is not being sold or supported by the original developer, you will have to search for it elsewhere.

Ramble,
Ramble® Instant Messenger
Has a few negative reviews on some forums, never tried, if you would like, please do and report back.

WebMessenger,
"+mimblackberry+"

It works with AOL, MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk, ICQ and Jabber networks, and requires monthly or yearly subscription ($35/yr) with unlimited messages. Will work with any BB that has 3.7 and above. It has 15 days trial. Beware of added network charges, as I don't know if it charges per message or runs over data.

Blackberry Messenger (PIN),
Of course , built in with every BB OS version, it is PIN to PIN messenger, if you have your Data plan, you can send unlimited free PIN messages to other BB users worldwide, unlimited with free of charge. The catch is, you have to know other person's PIN (just device/user number, nothing secret and it is not related to your Bank ATM PIN :p )

Last edited by John Clark; 09-02-2007 at 12:36 AM..
Old 09-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #393
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

Did you see this one?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ahoo-chat.html

Your list is nice...We already have too many stickies in the Aftermarket Software forum. Maybe we could add this to the above thread?

What do you think?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #394
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Sure, go ahead merge it. Sorry, I didn't notice it at the top under stickies.
I am not sure which one to use, though. Can you suggest one that is just simple to use and can access MSN, Yahoo and AIM.. That would be enough for me. One that would use Data connection, and not SMS.

Thank You!

Last edited by hyedipin; 09-02-2007 at 12:28 AM..
Old 09-02-2007, 12:28 AM   #395
John Clark
BBF Moderator

No worries, it's a nice post!
Old 09-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #396
John Clark
BBF Moderator

hyedipin, I added a link in the first post to your post.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #397
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #398
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Good list H, thanks.

The FAQ has a good page on IM applications too, could probably use soem updating.
Instant Messaging FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #399
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Now, does anyone have a solution for RIM's Yahoo messenger to work on AT&T? and if so, will it use data or text?

All I need is actually yahoo messenger to work on my AT&T Curve, so I can access to both Y and MSN contacts. I don't need anything fancy, so a free simple solution will work.

Edit: found this and will read through it now:
yahoo on cingular... again.... - PinStack.com - Blackberry Forums

--------------
Above instructions worked fine, and I am online with Yahoo.
But, How do I add MSN contacts to Yahoo and communicate using this?
Looks like it doesn't support MSN contacts on this mobile version.

And this won't use TXT/SMS, right?

Last edited by hyedipin; 09-02-2007 at 11:57 AM..
Old 09-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #400
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyedipin View Post
Sure, go ahead merge it. Sorry, I didn't notice it at the top under stickies.
I am not sure which one to use, though. Can you suggest one that is just simple to use and can access MSN, Yahoo and AIM.. That would be enough for me. One that would use Data connection, and not SMS.

Thank You!
Hello hyedipin!
Try IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger ( by the way it is missing from the list you had posted up there ) The application supports AIM®/iChat, MSN®/Windows Live™, Yahoo!®, ICQ®, Jabber®, Google™ Talk and MySpace®
Recently updated, the application has a lot of handy and useful features with a 7-day free trial and one time license fee for unlimited use.

Try it out and share your feedback.

Regards,
Helen
Closed Thread