BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #381
BirdmanSTX
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: admin
Carrier: Multiple

Please Login to Remove!

Yes, I have 31 7250 devices with 4.0.0.204. In DST2007Query it reports "Unsupported Version", and I see on RIMs website that it isn't listed as a version that they have a DST patch for...

BESAdmin, 4.1.3, 500+ users
Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #382
zip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanSTX
Yes, I have 31 7250 devices with 4.0.0.204. In DST2007Query it reports "Unsupported Version", and I see on RIMs website that it isn't listed as a version that they have a DST patch for...
Yeah, it was in the list as of yesterday, but has shown up as "unsupported version" as of this morning.

-zip
Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #383
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhferry
Ok, are we saying not to run the send as tool and follow the instructions given a few pages back? Also, where is the direct link for this patch for the handhelds? Can the BB users browse to the website and install the patch without the need of a usb cable and desktop? I see the site here, BlackBerry but I dont see a link to the patch. Since I am also the Exchange and Windows mobile admin I have to simplify this. Im still lost with the rebasing tool and resources but thats a different forum...

What a disaster.
Really good (I know, I was shocked too) tutorial for users here. Covers the cable method too, which some of our users with 4.0.2.35 needed to do.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #384
Gotrek

Model: none
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip
Yeah, it was in the list as of yesterday, but has shown up as "unsupported version" as of this morning.

-zip

We have 79 - 7250 and 45 with firmware 4.0.0.204 Those with this firmware version are now listed as unsupported. those I rolled out too previously still seem patched.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #385
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Quote:
Originally Posted by halflife78
Am I missing something or just lucky. Before we got to the DST issues I upgraded our BES to the latest and greatest, after that I updated the server to the latest CDO.dll which was the DST MS one since our Exchange crew was already up to date.

I am currently to about the 250th user of 400 and I have only had 2 users devices crap out, everyone I check has the patch on the device as applied and everyone shows installed and up to date on the server. I haven't ran the query program at all because my way of doing it above has shown everyone as updated in both formats.
Dont cry but.... Up to date in the h/h config tool just means that the helper you pushed is installed, not the patch. That's why you need to query the db, but hey if all your users checked and see it applied, cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halflife78
I haven't done this calendar sync or the "send as" patch thing yet either, no one has had any sending issues or calendar problems reported to date.

Am I missing a bunch of steps or am I just lucky with my setup, I see all the issues here and I haven't had any yet. (knock on wood)
I think you have just been lucky if every user took it first time but don't knock it! They will have an hour difference till you cal re-base so you should tell them not to create/accept a mtg in the DST window till the cal patch.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #386
SoUnCool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrek
We have 79 - 7250 and 45 with firmware 4.0.0.204 Those with this firmware version are now listed as unsupported. those I rolled out too previously still seem patched.
can someone post link for that, i was looking at RIM site and couldnt find it
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #387
Gotrek

Model: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUnCool
can someone post link for that, i was looking at RIM site and couldnt find it

My results are from the DSTquery tool. It downloads a list of supported devices.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #388
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Here's the link for all the patches --> BlackBerry
Old 03-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #389
BirdmanSTX

Looks like 4.0.0.204 is back on the list from the link juwaack posted... But the version list that DST2007Query downloads to use for its report still does not include it, for now anyway....

The text file below is what DST2007Query downloads to run its reports... so until this text file is updated, the 4.0.0.204 devices will continue to show "Unsupported..."

www . blackberry.com/dst2007/patches/carrier/list.txt (sorry, I haven't posted enough to include a link...)

Last edited by BirdmanSTX; 03-01-2007 at 05:27 PM..
Old 03-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #390
asameer

Model: 7520

I pushed out the helper for 300 devices last night and got 404_URL_NOT_FOUND error for ver 4.0.0.204 devices. When I checked RIM's website for the status of this patch, it is listed under 'Available'. I called RIM to report this problem and their SPECIAL helpdeks for DST could not even understand my problem. All my devices are still showing up 'Unsupported Version' in DST2007 Query tool. I don't know where should I go now.

Please help.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #391
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but in the RIM docs, it recommends pushing the patch to no more than 100 devices at a time. So does that mean:

a) Select 100 devices, assign the software config, and then assign it to 100 more right away
OR
b) Select 100 devices, assign the software config, wait 4 hours, and then assign it to 100 more

I'm doing 'b', but would rather do 'a'..... anyone?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #392
DarienA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: 241EBD8C
Carrier: A&T

I think it means b, I believe their concern in that part of the doc is the amt of traffic that this push, and then the download generates for your network, but I'm not 100% certain of that.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #393
BirdmanSTX

The Version file DST2007Query uses was updated to include the 4.0.0.204 again... so any of your devices with that version should no longer display "Unsupported..." in the report .csv

Old 03-02-2007, 05:54 AM   #394
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but in the RIM docs, it recommends pushing the patch to no more than 100 devices at a time. So does that mean:

a) Select 100 devices, assign the software config, and then assign it to 100 more right away
OR
b) Select 100 devices, assign the software config, wait 4 hours, and then assign it to 100 more

I'm doing 'b', but would rather do 'a'..... anyone?
Yeah it is "b". I did around 100 in one hit yesterday and saw a spike on the NIC of the BES for a while but even when spiked, it was still fairly low. I watched the machine resources throughout and all was fine but it depends on your setup. If you have a beefy box and nice LAN/Internet connections, I think you can get away with more. RIM are saying more that you should use 100 to get a benchmark, than actually using this as an absolute max.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #395
totalstu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telus

Regarding the 7250's with 4.0.0.204, I sent out the patch to 4 of them yesterday. I just checked with one user, who never went home last night after the wicked storm we had. The device prompted for a reboot and when I check in options it states the patch was applied sucessfully.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #396
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

I'm too busy to scroll through the last few pages, so apologies if this has been mentioned already but there have been some updates to the BlackBerry DST site, including patches for pre-4.0 handhelds.

1. Patch Manager v2.3
There are plans to post a new version (v2.3) of the Patch Manager to the BlackBerry website tomorrow. The final release notes will be posted with the updated Patch Manager, but the 2 main fixes are:

- In DST 2007 patch manager version 2.2 and earlier, the user was prompted twice to restart the BlackBerry device but was not forced to restart it. In DST 2007 patch manager version 2.3, the user is prompted up to four times, once per hour. The DST 2007 patch manager forces a restart after the fourth prompt.
- In DST 2007 patch manager version 2.2 and earlier, if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Mobile Data Service transport was not available, the DST 2007 patch manager did not work correctly with the BlackBerry Internet Service Browser. This issue has been resolved.
Note: If users or companies have already deployed the DST patch with previous versions of the patch manager then this is not required to be used unless they require the above fixes.

2. DST2007Query.exe Tool Update
There will also be an updated DST2007Query.exe tool posted to the DST2007 website tomorrow. The final release notes will be posted tomorrow with the new tool, but below are some of the key highlights.
- (SDR121742) Previously, the DSTQuery tool would report users in an "Awaiting Patch" state when they in fact were already patched. The new DST2007Query.exe tool will now have an added command line switch to 'force' a synchronization of the DST information to make sure the accurate information is returned to the server to be queried. This will work regardless of what version of Patch Manager (1.5, 2.2 or 2.3) is on the device(s) in question.

High level steps to diagnose and address this scenario are:
(1) Run the DST2007Query tool and check for devices in the 'awaiting patch' state;
(2) If there are then run the new tool with a command line switch "-invokesync" during off hours;
(3) Reboot the SYNC server;
(4) Wait to let the data sycnhronize; and
(5) Then re-run the tool again (Step #1) hours later, or ideally the next morning.

- (SDR120331) Previously, the "Patch Not Required (Optional patch available)" status was not returned for device software versions 4.1.0.375, 4.1.0.377, 4.1.0.378 that already have the updated DST table. See BlackBerry.
- (SDR122287) Support for IBM DB2 databases (not just SQL)

Old 03-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #397
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

OMG, this whole DST thing is driving me freakin' MAD! I literally had dreams last night (more like nightmares) about pushing the patch out to my users!!

Now we get another patch for a patch for a patch.

Thanks for the update, BBAdmin. This site is more useful than RIM T-Support right now.....
Old 03-02-2007, 08:42 AM   #398
DarienA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: 241EBD8C
Carrier: A&T

ANOTHER version of the Patch mgr? Good friggin lord! And they are going to post it to their site on a Saturday? Uh...
Old 03-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #399
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarienA
ANOTHER version of the Patch mgr? Good friggin lord! And they are going to post it to their site on a Saturday? Uh...
Thanks BBAdmin, nice post.

TBH I couldn't give a monkey's any more. All I care about is a new DSTQuery coz even BoxTone is stuggling to interpret the sh1te I am getting sent back by our BBs atm
Old 03-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #400
totalstu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telus

The hell with a new patch manager. My devices seemed to have taken the 2.2 update. I've been spot checking them and they state they have the patch applied, even though the BB manager sometimes states otherwise. I'll deal with the ones, if any, that have issues on a case by case issue. I'm done with this.

On to the exchange side and the mess that it looks like it will be

Last edited by totalstu; 03-02-2007 at 10:14 AM..
Closed Thread