BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #41
bullguy

Model: Bold
PIN: 20E057D9
Carrier: STC

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks for u r response and yes its GSM.unfortunatly here very few people have BB and most of them are unaware of BB
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #42
medotaco

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Robbers
Default I need to activate aT-mobile unlocked 8700 in Egypt

Hi,
I have bought a refurbished 8700 for my uncle to take to Egypt and use...I have did what was prposed in the thread with my Blackberry plan from rogers here in canada...the question is...what should I do for my uncle...he never owned a BB so he doesn't have a BB paln...the PIN is still linked ot T-mobile...I tired to call the T-mobile to release it...they sent me to RIm ...then Rim sent me back to t-mobile...adn T-mobile can't help me without a phoen number...

help please
Old 06-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #43
HalconNocturno
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Digitel

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Bold 9000)

Medotaco,

Your only hope is this guide, forget to call any body, look for another sim with bb plan and apply this guide...
Old 09-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #44
lp4u

Carrier: orange

well here's my problem. I've bought a bold off the net which has the vodafone logo o it. now i've decided to put blackberry service on it but its saying that the PIN is locked to someone on the vodafone network. i don't have contact with the guy who has the PIN locked and vodafone doesn't want to release it without his permission. will the above method work?

BTW i also have a storm with a bb plan on it, should i try the method or is there another way round this? it says that the method work on GSM, how do i proceed since both the bold and storm are 3G phones?

thanks for replying guys
Old 09-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #45
HalconNocturno
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Bold 9000)

This is the method that solve this issue...

Is simple, put your sim into the other phone, wait until you have EDGE/GPRS/3G go to the icon to configure email, log in with you username and password, when the system ask to change the device click on yes...

Now, put back your sim in to your phone and log in again and change devices again...

Now you have your pin unlocked, put the new sim in to the phone and try to create the account...
Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #46
bambooboy

Carrier: att

A big cheer for HalconNocturno & aiharkness.

I have a few questions because some of my pals are afraid to do this because they think they may loose data or get locked out their network, so I have some questions.

1/
Will this in anyway have repercussions in terms of loss of data or network lockout etc. for the active bb.

2/
I am still a little confused to the process and I want to be as clear as possible before I attempt it, some of that confusion was cleared up with this thread where I did not know if the the friend's BB had to be on the same or different network. I am glad to see it could be any GSM bb network under the sun.

Now my last bit of confusion is in one word "Service Books". This was mentions in post #3 in an unclear way. And was left totally out when the directions were restated for clarity in post #10 and post #26

My understanding so far then is thus...

Lets say my friend is on att and i am on sprint (lets assume that they are both gsm networks)
  1. Take friend's att sim and put in my sprint BB
  2. log onto att.blackberry.com. It will prompt me about a new device and I will accept the change, and logout
  3. Put friend's att sim back in their att BB.
  4. log onto att.blackberry.com. It will prompt me about a new device and I will accept the change, and then logout. NB: at this point my sprint locked pin has finally been kicked into limbo for me to do with as I choose)
  5. Now go sign up for blackberry service with any carrier you desire.

BUT... where do Service Books come into the process.

Thanks

I away this last bit of information for it to be totally clear to me.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #47
HalconNocturno
Thumbs Must Hurt

Any Network loss...

You only need a SIM from any network with a BIS account, and of course the user and password...

About service books: Once you log in the BIS you will receive the service books, but once you kick off the PIN from the older service provider you can delete the service book, then when you create the new account you will receive the new service books...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooboy View Post
A big cheer for HalconNocturno & aiharkness.

I have a few questions because some of my pals are afraid to do this because they think they may loose data or get locked out their network, so I have some questions.

1/
Will this in anyway have repercussions in terms of loss of data or network lockout etc. for the active bb.

2/
I am still a little confused to the process and I want to be as clear as possible before I attempt it, some of that confusion was cleared up with this thread where I did not know if the the friend's BB had to be on the same or different network. I am glad to see it could be any GSM bb network under the sun.

Now my last bit of confusion is in one word "Service Books". This was mentions in post #3 in an unclear way. And was left totally out when the directions were restated for clarity in post #10 and post #26

My understanding so far then is thus...

Lets say my friend is on att and i am on sprint (lets assume that they are both gsm networks)
  2. log onto att.blackberry.com. It will prompt me about a new device and I will accept the change, and logout
  3. Put friend's att sim back in their att BB.
  4. log onto att.blackberry.com. It will prompt me about a new device and I will accept the change, and then logout. NB: at this point my sprint locked pin has finally been kicked into limbo for me to do with as I choose)
  5. Now go sign up for blackberry service with any carrier you desire.

BUT... where do Service Books come into the process.

Thanks

I away this last bit of information for it to be totally clear to me.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #48
bambooboy

Ok i'm back in total confusion.

Quote:
Any Network loss...
What does the above mean....

Quote:
About service books: Once you log in the BIS you will receive the service books, but once you kick off the PIN from the older service provider you can delete the service book, then when you create the new account you will receive the new service books...
In terms of the example I gave:
  1. when you say "once you log in the BIS" do you mean the att.blackberry.com? And if so we are deleting the att users service book??
  2. by "older service provider" do you mean the sprint carrier?
  3. Where am I deleting the service book exactly?
  4. By creating the "new account" i assume you mean on the carrier of my choice?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #49
HalconNocturno
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry for the confusion caused...

My english isn't as good as I want...

BIS in your example is att.blackberry.com...

with this procedure you remove from a service provider the PIN, the old service books will remain in the bb until you create a new account or log in with a new user...

Service provider are: AT&T and Sprint, in your example...

You can delete the service book in Settings --> Options --> Advance Options --> Service Book

But you can wipe too...

Yes, once you have unlocked your PIN you can go to the BIS portal of your carrier and then create an account...

24a 29d 23 if you need more help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooboy View Post
Ok i'm back in total confusion.

What does the above mean....

In terms of the example I gave:
  1. when you say "once you log in the BIS" do you mean the att.blackberry.com? And if so we are deleting the att users service book??
  2. by "older service provider" do you mean the sprint carrier?
  3. Where am I deleting the service book exactly?
  4. By creating the "new account" i assume you mean on the carrier of my choice?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #50
bambooboy

Ok I am understanding.

Quote:
with this procedure you remove from a service provider the PIN, the old service books will remain in the bb until you create a new account or log in with a new user...

You can delete the service book in Settings --> Options --> Advance Options --> Service Book
So what you mean here is while the att sim is in the sprint phone (the phone we are setting free) and is now transferred from the sprint network to the att network ... I can delete the service books from the sprint phone. THEN AFTER that i can remove the att sim and put it back in my friends att phone.

So now the steps are like this....
  2. log onto att.blackberry.com. It will prompt me about a new device and I will accept the change, and logout.
  3. delete service books from sprint phone while it has att sim in it and connected to the att network
  4. Put friend's att sim back in their att BB.
  5. log onto att.blackberry.com. It will prompt me about a new device and I will accept the change, and then logout. NB: at this point my sprint locked pin has finally been kicked into limbo for me to do with as I choose). Maybe we should send services books to our friends computer to make sure every thing is good just to be doubly safe.
  6. Now go sign up for blackberry service with any carrier you desire.

So in actual fact i don't have to do any sending of service books in this proccess then?

Last edited by bambooboy; 09-17-2009 at 05:59 PM..
Old 09-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #51
HalconNocturno
Thumbs Must Hurt

No, I will explain in other form...

The first step (your step 2)will move the locked PIN to your BIS (att.blackberry.com) account and free YOUR PIN, YOUR PIN is unregistered...

The second step (your step 5) will re register YOUR PIN with YOUR BIS (att.blackberry.com) and free the other (your friend BB or the locked PIN)...

That's all, (your step 6) now you can register the PIN in any BIS (att.blackberry.com)

the service book is an optional step, you need to do it only if you can't send or receive email or browse, but once you create a BIS account and register an email address you will receive the service books automatically...
Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #52
bambooboy

Thanks understood.
Closed Thread