BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:05 AM   #41
Rebel XT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

SEIDIO will not pay for the shipping for me to return the defective adapter (with mic). On their shipping package, it said it cost them $0.90 to ship. They however request you send it back first class with confirmation number, and for us canadians, that option costs $20!! More than what I paid for the adapter itself.

If you order one, hope that you don't get a faulty one!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #42
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel XT
...They however request you send it back first class with confirmation number...
And if you send it a less expensive method?
Old 02-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #43
dahlor

Carrier: The one that raises more bars (up my butt)

not an adapter question, but a headset one nevertheless. Has anyone tried the stereo Bluetooth headphones? I am curious if they handle music to call changes with any skill. I have an H700 for calls, but that is the only thing that will play through the headset. custom rings do not, no do music files, etc. Only voice calls. Everything else plays through the Pearl's speaker.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #44
ChumsGum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

so i got this yesterday and so far it's working great. in fact, it's worked flawless. the seidio unit worked great for headphones but it gave me numerous problems when using through my car's aux port. this just wireless unit seems to work each and every time with no issues with the sound only coming from one side.

i do have to question if it's really stereo sound though. my jabra C220 set and the seidio adapter have 3 lines on the piece that's inserted into the phone, this just wireless adapter though only has 2 lines. so i question if it's true stereo right and left audio. i will need to do more test to determine.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #45
JohnnyR21

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default NOT Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumsGum

so i got this yesterday and so far it's working great. in fact, it's worked flawless. the seidio unit worked great for headphones but it gave me numerous problems when using through my car's aux port. this just wireless unit seems to work each and every time with no issues with the sound only coming from one side.

i do have to question if it's really stereo sound though. my jabra C220 set and the seidio adapter have 3 lines on the piece that's inserted into the phone, this just wireless adapter though only has 2 lines. so i question if it's true stereo right and left audio. i will need to do more test to determine.
I bought this adapter over the weekend-- it will play into both speakers, however it is not stereo. It plays the same channel into both speakers.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #46
trbloomer

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I stopped by target to look at the just wireless adapter. I didn't buy it because I noticed the two lines on the tip as well. I figured that it was a 3 pole adapter (I hope thats the right term). Chum, did the mic portion work? Anyway I'm back to looking at the LG units I guess.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:22 PM   #47
ChumsGum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbloomer
I stopped by target to look at the just wireless adapter. I didn't buy it because I noticed the two lines on the tip as well. I figured that it was a 3 pole adapter (I hope thats the right term). Chum, did the mic portion work? Anyway I'm back to looking at the LG units I guess.
yes, the mic works flawless but my girl that i was talking too mentioned there was a lot of echoing, something that she never mentioned with the seidio unit.

i'll still use this unit for my car and the seidio unit for headsets. the seidio unit is more of a hassle than its worth with my car's aux input; it works fine though for headsets.

also, i'd recommend against the jabra c220 headset. it works fine for working out cuz it won't fall out but the sound performance is horrible and the wire they use is quite thin and looks cheap.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #48
zimbu1234
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel XT
SEIDIO will not pay for the shipping for me to return the defective adapter (with mic). On their shipping package, it said it cost them $0.90 to ship. They however request you send it back first class with confirmation number, and for us canadians, that option costs $20!! More than what I paid for the adapter itself.

If you order one, hope that you don't get a faulty one!

I just ordered for some coworkers and me. I have a total of eight. It will be interesting to see if any are lemons. I will respond here when I found out.

I tried mine and i was able to get audio in both ears by plugging the headphones into the adapter first but haven't tried the other way. i tested the mic and when the mic was down by my hip i was told i couldn't be heard at times. I will need to do more testing.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:57 AM   #49
philliboy

I just bought the mentioned adaptor (Just Wireless)... However, I'm unfamiliar with this process of how get this to work... when I plug the adaptor/headphones to the pearl and play music, should it automatically go to the headphones? Or do I need manually configure settings on the phone? As of now, I've plugged it in but the sounds still comes out through the phone speaker. Please let me know!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #50
Rebel XT

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
And if you send it a less expensive method?
It's a no go...they require that confirmation number so that they're not liable should they not receive the package.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #51
zimbu1234
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780

I have been using me seidio adapter for about a week. I love it!! I have been watching movies on my commute using a pair of Shure E3Cs.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #52
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

i just picked up two of these.

RadioShack.com - Cables, Parts & Connectors: Connectors & connectivity: A/V connectors & adapters: 2.5mm to 3.5 mm Cell to Stereo Adapter

i always end up losing one....

Anywho... it says it has 4 loops and is true stereo. I am going to hook it up to speakers to see if it is real stereo.

I am only using the jack for music only.. Don't care for mic or any of that.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #53
carlitos2577

Model: 7100T

Well I just bought the Target Just Wireless Adapter and it works fine. It may be mono sound, (I dont know) but it sounds good to me. I guess they only way for me to tell the difference is if I hear the sound on one of the true stereo adapters, with the three rings, instead of two, till then I'm pleased. $14 with the retractable cord and mic with no shipping cost, hey I'm happy. Guess I'm not hard to please. I'm using the JBud headphones, bought on Amazon for $20. So with my case, headphones and adapter, I think I'm done spending money on my BB.

Last edited by carlitos2577; 03-30-2007 at 06:03 PM..
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #54
NEWBIE BERRY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T MO

Damn! I wish I wouldve done a search on here before I went out and bought a radio shack 4 pole adapter. It doesn't work. The sound still comes put of the pearl speaker.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #55
J. Rehak

PIN: N/A
Default Use ANY stereo headphones, build your own adapter!

If you can solder, you can easily build your own Stereo Headphone Adapter for the Pearl,
so that you can use ANY standard headphones with the pearl !

I've posted a photo of the adapter I built and instructions to build your own:

Use ANY Headphones with your Pearl!

ENJOY! - John -

PS: Got a 2GB MicroSD card for my Pearl at Fry's Electronics for $24.95 !
Closed Thread