BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #81
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

I agree with you as far as the product, having more competition would help.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #82
Ronwoo

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Set your BlackBerry browser to emulation mode BlackBerry and go to operamini.com. It will prompt you to download 4.1, which is the newest version. I did it just now on my Curve and it's working.

I've been using it for a little while now and so far I have to zoom in on web pages, then there is a lot of horizontal scrolling to see the page contents. So far I'm not impressed. Maybe it will get better...
Thanks for your help that worked. I appreciate it greatly.
I am also not impressed but I am going to give it some more time.

Ron
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 AM   #83
johnnyrichter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options
Carrier: Verizon

Wow...hate to say this, but OperaMini 4.1 is definitely not worth the few seconds I spent downloading it. This is the first time I've ever tried the Opera browser, by the way.

First of all...the main OTA link doesn't work. You need to scroll down to "click here if above download link doesn't work", then choose the link without certificates. Or just download the ZIP on your pc and use DM to install.

Second...can't copy/paste anything on the address bar.

Third...when you want to fill out a text entry field, such as a login for myspace or something, you're taken to a blank white screen to type out what you want. What happened to just typing in the box? This feature is beyond annoying.

Fourth...why, oh why, did they make it so the entire webpage is shown, but you need a friggin' high powered magnifying glass to view it? This is probably the biggest annoyance of them all. Sure, you can check the "mobile view" option...but that just gives you a close-up vertical/column display of the page, which isn't great either.

Fifth...just maneuvering around the app can be a pain. Sometimes the screen seems to flicker/flash while you're scrolling opera options, sometimes the cursor is sluggish, etc.

Sixth...even though it's stated somewhere within the opera website, I'll say it again...the landscape option is NOT available for us BB users. I didn't realize this until I went to the website to get answers to my handful of questions/concerns after my first test drive of the app.

...and so on.

It took me no more than 10 minutes to delete the app and go back to the default BB browser. Nothing beats plain, simple and reliable.

For those who still want to try it out...see my first point to find out how to download it. The version for "8100" is the one for us 8130 owners.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #84
Renegade4x4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t

i love the opera browser. i only use the bb browser when i have to download stuff. the opera browser is great for familiar web pages but for pages you dont know where stuff is it can be difficult however.
Closed Thread