BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: 8700c Receipt Satus (from a Launch Event)
Cingular has contacted me about the 8700c 9 9.47%
I have recieved the 8700c 16 16.84%
I have not attended a Launch Event 38 40.00%
I have attended a Launch Event but have not yet been contacted 37 38.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 09:23 AM   #101
gBerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I understand that some are sent directly and then others will be hand delivered by the Cingular reps....that is phase 2 I guess and hope
Old 12-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #102
dolo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon, Cingular

I have recieved my device - it came yesterday but was out of the office.
Comes packaged in a very nice case as Stinson stated before.

Nicely done.

BarJohn, call it coincidence, call it what you want, IMO you put a little fire under ther butts. the directive went from send it out - to send out N O W.

Regards,
dolo
Old 12-02-2005, 09:31 AM   #103
emale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

You guys are funny,

You all happy now?

Was it worth the wait?

Did you notice the delay not just for you but also regular customers?

Do you think investors will be more forgiving for customers not being able to get them right away or a handful of people who will still get them a week or so later?

All I can say I guess is I would have waited a month, even if they said a day, why? because it was free and I wouldnt want to act like a little baby in public like some of you have LOL

You all acted like crackheads who got ripped off by their dealer.. Yet it was free!

Enjoy youre nice free new 8700!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:09 PM   #104
dutchboy

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

I called my Cingular rep and asked for an ETA. Another gentleman I attended the Chicago event with got his this week and the unit was shipped directly from Canada. I have a feeling that will be the case that our Cingular reps will be hand delivering the units for deployment.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #105
anthonymoody
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hmm. Gonna have to pop my TMo SIM in just for giggles. No way I'm switching to Cingular.

TM
Old 12-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #106
Dude

Model: 8310
Question Who's still waiting?

Am I the only one, or are there others who have not received their device yet?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #107
cschrage

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMO

Yep...still waiting...and waiting. I got email from RIM promising the unit this week.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #108
gBerry

Model: 8700c

I'm still waiting, I know it was shipped to my rep, but not sure he got it since he is unreachable....I left vmail, email, and am now waiting (biting my fingernails)...
Old 12-05-2005, 12:59 PM   #109
cschrage

Same boat...my unit was supposed to ship to my rep...then to me.

FYI - here is what RIM emailed to me

Thanks for your interest in the 8700c.

We have experienced several delays with getting our seeding devices out as promised.

I'm happy to report that these have been worked out and you should be getting your device within the next 5 business days.

The demand for the 8700c has been so great that we can't make enough of them!

I'm sure that you'll find the experience of the device will make up for the delay getting it to you.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #110
Dude

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by gBerry
I'm still waiting, I know it was shipped to my rep, but not sure he got it since he is unreachable....I left vmail, email, and am now waiting (biting my fingernails)...
How did you find out that it was shipped to your Rep?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #111
cschrage

From speaking to RIM and my Cingular rep.

As of this morning, no units received by Cingular rep.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:22 AM   #112
Blackberry fiend
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

None of the 5 launch attendees from my company have heard a darn thing, and Cingular is actively trying to land a contract with our huge nationwide organization. On a personal level, I finally got so fed up with Cingular and this 8700 launch fiasco and the total lack of communication that I ordered a Verizon Blackberry 7130e by phone this afternoon. It will be here within the week. Since I love Blackberries, I had to blame Cingular rather than RIM for how this past month has been handled. I could be unhappy enough and frustrated enough with how this launch was handled to stop considering a move back to Cingular/ATT, but not unhappy enough to stop buying RIM products.

I currently have T-Mobile and am reasonably happy with the coverage in my area and I love the voice minute price compared to the competition. I never moved to Verizon despite my wife and 2 kids being on Verizon, and the vastly better Verizon coverage in my area, primarily because of the high voice minute costs. Turns out for me that the total package will actually be cheaper for me on Verizon than what Cingular would have cost and what I currently pay on T-Mobile, especially when I consider that all my family calls are now free since they are "IN Network".

Any customer who also is an employee of a company that does business with Verizon is eligible for a significant corporate discount. For me it was 18% on service plans and I believe 25% on hardware. Actually my Blackberry data/voice package price as an individual employee is a bit cheaper than what my company would have to pay for me to have identical service. Significantly, as a "private" purchase, I am not limited to Verizon's Blackberry 7250, which is the only model my company will go out and buy me.

My 7130e is costing me $159 with a 1-yr contract ($129 if I had chosen a 2-yr contract). 450 voice minutes, unlimited Blackberry data, unlimited web browsing, unlimited nights and weekends will cost me $65.59 for the “Core Choice”, the least expensive of Verizon’s 3 Blackberry Voice and Data Bundles. If I end up needing more voice minutes one month, it will cost $25 more to increase to the 1350 minute package for that month only.

In addition, there is no monthly or per use charge to tether my laptop to the 7130e and use the Blackberry as a wireless modem! Of course the data speed is EVDO and not EDGE, which is even better.

I will miss the option of switching GSM sim cards whenever I want to try a new Blackberry on our BES, and I'm REALLY hoping that I'll be able to adapt to the different text entry approach of the 7130e. I should know that easily within my 15 day trial period. At that point, if I decide to keep the 7130e I'll port my number over from T-Mobile and be a very happy camper. My bluetooth headphone was delivered today. ThinkOutside's new Shasta bluetooth keyboard should be delivered about Dec 20, just in time to be a nice Christmas present if someone in the family is short on ideas for me. If I decide to return the unit, the first quarter 2006 Blackberry products don't look to be too shabby.

The 7130e thread was a great source of information to me when I started formulating this plan earlier today, specifically the memos from individuals trying to choose between the 8700c and the 7130e. So please excuse my double posting this to that thread as well. I’ve spent the past month as a BlackberryForums 8700 newbie, pouring over each and every new post, anticipating my Cingular 8700s arrival “any day now”, and am finally throwing in the towel and becoming a happy Verizon customer instead. Even when the 8700 shows up on my doorstep tomorrow , I think that this is the right choice for me. If not, I’ll open the sealed 8700 box in two weeks and reconsider my options.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:27 AM   #113
gregg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Nothing here yet not even an email. I called the Rim registration line yesterday and was 'assured' that everyone in attendance would receive a device "in the next week or two". Frustrating. I don't know what I'd do if my company hadn't already bought me one (my launch device will be Mrs. Gregg's)..
Old 12-06-2005, 09:37 AM   #114
Gster

Model: 7290

I continue to wait patiently as well.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #115
cschrage

Default What a shock!

I received an 8700c this morning from PROforma.
The unit was packed in a typical consumer box...no fancy leather casing.

Last edited by cschrage; 12-06-2005 at 11:21 AM..
Old 12-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #116
mmcpher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 22CD4D6E
Carrier: ATT/Verizon

It arrived this morning, in a fancy leather case.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:27 PM   #117
dutchboy

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

Still Waiting - No word from my REP as of yet. I have ordered about 10 for others in my company but still don't have mine yet. This is crazy.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:17 PM   #118
acohen

Model: 9000

I got mine today (via FedEx from Proforma Instant Promotions in Concord, ON) in the same packaging that others have. I attended the NYC launch (which I registered for without an invite code). Looks like my 2 month old 7290 hits eBay asap. Got it connected to my BES and Cingular POP accts in less than 15 mins. Works great so far, love the speakerphone too.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #119
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry fiend
None of the 5 launch attendees from my company have heard a darn thing, and Cingular is actively trying to land a contract with our huge nationwide organization. On a personal level, I finally got so fed up with Cingular and this 8700 launch fiasco and the total lack of communication that I ordered a Verizon Blackberry 7130e by phone this afternoon.
Wow. This is really too bad;

You should print your post out and email this to RIM and Cingular.

This may allow them to plan future launches better;
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 12-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #120
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

If anyone has success getting these unlocked let us know. It appears RIM did not send the unlock codes to Cingular for the launch units based on trying to get mine unlocked from third party service.
Closed Thread