Old 01-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #121
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf1khal
I used mine today durring a 6 hour drive. The drive included open windows at over 70 MPH and also durring verry heavy rain fall that caused a lot of noise in the car. durring all that time not one single person complained about it and the incoming voice was acceptable, I agree it could be a bit louder. As to the connection when it goes into standby, it held fine and it always picked the call quicly (after going to sleep) and did not miss a call.
Thanks hf, not to beat up the point, but when your headset is "asleep", you are able to answer an incoming call rapidly by pressing the button on the headset? In that scenario, when I press the headset button, there is considerable delay before the call gets answered and transfered to the headset. so, do I have a problem with the headset or the phone?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #122
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
Thanks hf, not to beat up the point, but when your headset is "asleep", you are able to answer an incoming call rapidly by pressing the button on the headset? In that scenario, when I press the headset button, there is considerable delay before the call gets answered and transfered to the headset. so, do I have a problem with the headset or the phone?
One a call comes in and I press the button it ansewrs right then. I also at times take off my ear and put it on the side and when the phone rings I get it and put it on my ear and ansewr with no problems. Some of the calls that I recieved were any hwere between 15 minutes apart and one was after one hour of standby.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:15 AM   #123
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
My understanding is that the one you use with your BB should work just fine. I don't have the adapter so I can't be positive but another poster claimed it worked. If someone knows otherwise perhaps they will post the info.
Thanks again...if the Jabra JX10 doesn't work out for me, I'll look into the 640. Can anyone confirm if you can use the optional mini-USB adapter (for the 640) with a BB mini-USB cable?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #124
gregg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
My understanding is that the one you use with your BB should work just fine. I don't have the adapter so I can't be positive but another poster claimed it worked. If someone knows otherwise perhaps they will post the info.
I use a Zip Linq usb cable with a motorola tip to charge from my laptop, no problems.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #125
torifile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

I just got the plantronics 640. I haven't had the chance to use it yet (still charging) but the presentation is just fantastic! Being an avid Apple person, I appreciate good presentation. They did a great job with it. Very slick... Now I hope the device functions as well as it looks (Apple has shown that form and function can go hand in hand, so I have high hopes. And high expectations. )
Old 01-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #126
AlbertoM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtman
Thanks again...if the Jabra JX10 doesn't work out for me, I'll look into the 640. Can anyone confirm if you can use the optional mini-USB adapter (for the 640) with a BB mini-USB cable?
Yes.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #127
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertoM
Yes.
Thanks Alberto.

Where can you buy the mini-USB adapter for the 640? There's nothing on Plantronics site.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #128
AlbertoM

I use www.blueheadsets.com

There are others, but this is the one I use for headsets, and I have no vested interest in the site. I have received fast and courteous service at a good price.

See HERE , although you may want to Google it....
Old 01-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #129
kjaslow

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra
Smile

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. The D640 comes with several adapters that fit the charging sleeve. Then all you do after you snap the adapter is to plug in the phone charger it matches, i.e., Motorola charger to Moto base, Sony Erickson charger to SE base. I ordered the mini-usb adapter so that you can plug in the mini-usb for the BB or the RAZR. All it does is change whatever you can plug in the bottom. Otherwise you plug in their proprietary charger in the bottom or the longer sleeve with the AAA battery which also vibrates. Hope that made it clear.
I knew that part! What I meant was whether using the Moto adapter with the Blackberry charger or the computer's USB port had any detrimental effects? I expect that USB is USB, and the amps coming in from that port would generally be close enough not to harm the D640's battery. But that was my question - not how it works, but whether everything seems compatible once you get the cables all hooked up...

Anyone doing this with their 8700's cables yet? Does anything overheat, etc?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:16 PM   #130
AlbertoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjaslow
I knew that part! What I meant was whether using the Moto adapter with the Blackberry charger or the computer's USB port had any detrimental effects? I expect that USB is USB, and the amps coming in from that port would generally be close enough not to harm the D640's battery. But that was my question - not how it works, but whether everything seems compatible once you get the cables all hooked up...

Anyone doing this with their 8700's cables yet? Does anything overheat, etc?
Ah. OK, I have a mini-usb cable connected to my computer. It serves many purposes, as I use it to connect to my iRiver, BlackBerry and the Discovery 640. I haven't had any problems yet. It may be different from the BB charger (and someone else may answer that), but not from the computer. HTH.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #131
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I use www.blueheadsets.com

There are others, but this is the one I use for headsets, and I have no vested interest in the site. I have received fast and courteous service at a good price.

See HERE , although you may want to Google it....
Thanks Alberto...I've checked this and other sites for the mini USB adpater and can't find it anywhere. Where did you get yours?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #132
AlbertoM

Well, gadg, that is where I got it. And usually in forums, when someone says see HERE it means that if you click the word HERE it will take you to the hyperlink that the writer wants you to go....

so, skipping that word

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/produc...ERY640-MINIUSB

Old 01-04-2006, 07:24 AM   #133
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Well, gadg, that is where I got it. And usually in forums, when someone says see HERE it means that if you click the word HERE it will take you to the hyperlink that the writer wants you to go....

so, skipping that word

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/produc...ERY640-MINIUSB

I knew what you meant when you said to click here....what I meant was I actually plugged in the part number in the search field and it came back with nothing. Not sure why....but thanks again for the link! It looks like it will definitely work with my BB charging cable. I'll be picking up the 640 today for testing, and should be recieving the Jabra JX10 tomorrow. I'm really hoping one of these two is it for me....so far, the Voyager 510 is the best performer, but the least desirable in terms of size. All the Moto's suck - they're going back. They guy at the returns desk is gonna hate me.

Last edited by gadgtman; 01-04-2006 at 07:44 AM..
Old 01-04-2006, 08:29 AM   #134
AlbertoM

Alls well that ends well...at least you got there! Hope one works for you!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #135
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Alls well that ends well...at least you got there! Hope one works for you!
We'll see later today after I get to charge it up.

On a side note, just recieved my Jabra JX10, charging it up now. Very, very light, seems to stay fairly snug, uses a proprietary USB charging cable (only about 8 inches long). Even thought the ear loop is very comfortable, it disconnects too easily to change ears, don't like that. Will report on this later.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #136
WMurray
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Sorry for the duplicate post, was just curious about this unit:

Anyone have any experience with Tekkeon Headsets? I came across the EZTalker Digital on tekkeon.com, but couldn't find any reference to it here. I've been searching for a viable Caller ID headset, and the BT800 just isn't comfortable. This particular model also claims to be able to access the device phone book for direct dial from the headset. Any one checked out this model?
Thanks
Will
Old 01-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #137
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Now who is gpoing to be able to get the new moto BT headset and test it?

Link to the H5 MiniBlue: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...0,,133,00.html
Old 01-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #138
mortgageguy

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMurray
Sorry for the duplicate post, was just curious about this unit:

Anyone have any experience with Tekkeon Headsets? I came across the EZTalker Digital on tekkeon.com, but couldn't find any reference to it here. I've been searching for a viable Caller ID headset, and the BT800 just isn't comfortable. This particular model also claims to be able to access the device phone book for direct dial from the headset. Any one checked out this model?
Thanks
Will

...you have to use the Search button. There is plenty of info on it.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #139
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:

I saw this one and it sounds to good to be true. For one, the thing that concerns me right of the bat is the fit, not all ear canals are the same, will it come with different sized earpieces to make sure you have a good enough fit. Otherwise I'd ne concerned about it flying off and loosing it or stepping on it as you turn around to retrieve it. I am sure that it will be great technologically and I would love to get my hands on one to test.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 01-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #140
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

Fist of all, it's a Moto, and 2nd, only 1.5 hours per charge. Yikes, don't need that. I did see on Phonescoop there's a behind the ear H605 coming out, that sounded interesting. But it's still a Moto.
Closed Thread