ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
Load 'Documents to Go' - will clear that issue up for you.
I did this, and it worked. I also found that once I had JT working, I could then delete DTG from the device, using the Options-Advanced-Applications menu, and JT continued to work fine without it. So if you don't need DTG and don't like giving up the space for it, you might try this.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #142
jnice

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Quote:
cool will try when I get home, thx alot
Old 04-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #143
GS300

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Does the auto resume for music work? Most of the newer verison leave your music pause after the call is over.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #144
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

to answer your call yes they fixed this issue where the song doesn't play after a call.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 04-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #145
jnice

Carrier: att

Quote:

Worked like a charm. Thx again

Big shout to adlen, without this wouldn't b poss....
Old 04-23-2008, 11:26 PM   #146
mmspearl

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

how does this fix the issue? just curious, they don't seem tied.

also, why is it that some people have memory leak problems even with a memory card and others don't?
Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #147
GS300

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldconfession13 View Post
to answer your call yes they fixed this issue where the song doesn't play after a call.
Thanks, now whenever they finally release this I can upgrade. The last os upgrade I did the auto resume feature didn't work.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #148
rpfeffer
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint BES

AT&T is still at device 4.2. You'd think they'd at least get a few more device OS updates out.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #149
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

All carriers are at the same primary OS version level, for corresponding models. AT&T is not behind anything.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #150
eadsam
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Question for people who use BES...

When I originally upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5.0.10, it made me redo the enterprise activation. Being as my phone is through my company, it was a little weird to have to call our IT dept. and have them give me a new enterprise activation password. If I was to upgrade to 4.5.0.18, will this happen again? And does anyone know why you have to redo enterprise activation in the first place?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #151
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Yes, you have to Enterprise Activate after each OS upgrade. Any time the device is wiped you have to reactivate. The encryption keys are lost, and not backed up, during the wipe/upgrade. EA passwords take only a moment to setup and, trust me, your BES Admin sets lots of them for lots of different reasons. if you're worried about them, just tell them you couldn't remember your password and you entered it 10 times and it wiped the device.

Last edited by John Clark; 04-24-2008 at 12:37 PM..
Old 04-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #152
jawbrkr

PIN: 24AA4660
Carrier: T-Mobile

I installed 4.5.0.18 and it works great for me. No errors or major issues. I did find that the memory leak is still there but not as bad as before. Most of all I noticed that the battery seems to drain much quicker on my BB. Anyone else have the battery issue?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #153
eadsam

Thanks. I just definitely don't want them knowing I'm messing with beta OS's.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #154
ubizmo

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbrkr View Post
I installed 4.5.0.18 and it works great for me. No errors or major issues. I did find that the memory leak is still there but not as bad as before. Most of all I noticed that the battery seems to drain much quicker on my BB. Anyone else have the battery issue?
Not really. I find that on some days I'm doing more battery-intense things, like recording and emailing video, so on those days the battery goes down faster, but overall I don't see any loss of battery performance.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #155
ArmyGeorge
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24546662

Is there a way to know when a beta goes "live?" For example, will the zero in 4.5.0.xx turn to a one or something? Thanks
--Garmin GPS, returned, got BBTracker
--Dalwhinnie Single Malt
Old 04-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #156
jibi
BlackBerry God

ArmyGeorge, you will see a sticky thread on here for the 'Latest OS' as well as the carriers updating their download sites accordingly. I know at one time, T-Mobile sent a network-wide SMS message that notified of a previous update, so it just depends.

Also, for anyone on AT&T having MMS issues with previous versions, the latest version (not .18) fixes it.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #157
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by justajason View Post
Its there. And Its not staying on the official release. It just makes me wonder about what they think of us. Are we merely the rats?
I read this and noticed you jumped around 10-million times over the course of your next few posts. You are removing something that has no impact on your device. As Sith mentioned, for now (when it's activated at the RIM NOC), the feature will be user-initiated only and will provide you a means of downloading a future OS update for your carrier over the air to your device. If you happen to be an enterprise user on a BES, your BES administrator will eventually have the ability to push the OS upgrades to you. It has nothing to do with RIM playing Big Brother. And it will be in all beta/final versions of OS 4.5.x, as it's one of the major features coming to this platform.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #158
Concept

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsmovies View Post
So when you say you don't have any wifi issues you mean that the wifi indicator is always green and continues to stay that way and you are able to surf and send/receive email?
Yes I am connected to wifi all the time with no drop offs at all. I did have one day when I could connect to my router but couldn't pull UMA for some reason. I did the alt+caps+del and UMA came right up when it restarted.

The only flaws I have noticed with .18 are:
1) auto playlist doesn't work - I did everything needed to create an auto playlist and after I saved it, it never showed up in the playlist menu. Then I did it again and tried to save it under the same name and it asked if I wanted to overwrite the original playlist. I clicked yes and it still didn't show up. Did a hard reset hoping it would search the memory card and find the playlist but it didn't find it still. Standard playlists work though.

2) Spell check is kinda flukey - I have sent a few emails and pins and when I click send it will just sit there and do nothing. Then when I click menu again it asks if I want to continue with the spell check that it wasn't doing anyway. Well after hitting send twice, it will send the email or pin.

3) All SMS messages sent to me have reply requested - For some reason every text sent to me come with the exclamation point meaning a reply is requested when it never did the same thing when receiving texts from the same people before.

4) Documents to go doesn't pull .doc fliles like advertised - I couldn't open a doc in Docs to go like the instructions said. I could only load a word file onto the memory card and open it up that way.

Everything else seems fine even though I am sure there are more bugs. Another thing I noted was that it wouldn't register I had headphones plugged in once. I would plug them in and it would go silent for a second then continue to play out of the speaker. I had to plug in another set of speakers (which worked normally) then it would pick up the headphones I was trying to plug in orginally. But this only happend once so far out of the 5 or 6 times I've tried it.

Last edited by Concept; 04-24-2008 at 08:30 PM..
Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #159
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Let me know when we have arrived
Old 04-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #160
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Yes I am connected to wifi all the time with no drop offs at all. I did have one day when I could connect to my router but couldn't pull UMA for some reason. I did the alt+caps+del and UMA came right up when it restarted.

The only flaws I have noticed with .18 are:
1) auto playlist doesn't work - I did everything needed to create an auto playlist and after I saved it, it never showed up in the playlist menu. Then I did it again and tried to save it under the same name and it asked if I wanted to overwrite the original playlist. I clicked yes and it still didn't show up. Did a hard reset hoping it would search the memory card and find the playlist but it didn't find it still. Standard playlists work though.

2) Spell check is kinda flukey - I have sent a few emails and pins and when I click send it will just sit there and do nothing. Then when I click menu again it asks if I want to continue with the spell check that it wasn't doing anyway. Well after hitting send twice, it will send the email or pin.

3) All SMS messages sent to me have reply requested - For some reason every text sent to me come with the exclamation point meaning a reply is requested when it never did the same thing when receiving texts from the same people before.

4) Documents to go doesn't pull .doc fliles like advertised - I couldn't open a doc in Docs to go like the instructions said. I could only load a word file onto the memory card and open it up that way.

Everything else seems fine even though I am sure there are more bugs. Another thing I noted was that it wouldn't register I had headphones plugged in once. I would plug them in and it would go silent for a second then continue to play out of the speaker. I had to plug in another set of speakers (which worked normally) then it would pick up the headphones I was trying to plug in orginally. But this only happend once so far out of the 5 or 6 times I've tried it.
This requires BIS 2.5 or BES 4.1.5
Closed Thread