Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:31 AM   #1
sandman2nd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmo
Default 7100i and my data

Please Login to Remove!

I am about to switch over to the 8700g and I am going to throw my 7100i on eBay. But before I do that, I want to get rid of ALL the data. I saw this post

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ata#post309967

and it said, "- To wipe the handheld of settings and data, go to Options > Security > Wipe Handheld."

Will that completely and totally bring the 7100i back to original factory status? and will my PIN be erased or does that follow me to my new 8700g? I'm a bit confused and at 1:30am, all the posts are starting to blur together...

any help would be fantastic... Thanks!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
mymitsu3kgt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Carrier: TMobile

Your PIN is unique to the device. Everything will be brought back to the day you bought it but the PIN remains. When you get your 8700g, you'll have a new PIN.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
sandman2nd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymitsu3kgt
Your PIN is unique to the device. Everything will be brought back to the day you bought it but the PIN remains. When you get your 8700g, you'll have a new PIN.

Great. Thank you so much for clearing that up!
Closed Thread