Old 01-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
fordag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Angry AT&T doesn't allow latest OS upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

I get the BB Connection newsletter and they've sent out a couple talking about OS 4.5. First on 25 Nov and the last on 22 Dec 08. So I attempted to do it and after much frustration called AT&T tech support who after much time transferred me to RIM tech support who after a brief period told me. "AT&T doesn't allow you to upgrade beyond 4.2 which is on your phone now"

I can't even download a copy off the web and upgrade my phone. After going through the upgrade process I still have 4.2. RIM told me that AT&T has OS upgrades blocked until they ok them.

Why is AT&T not letting folks simply upgrade their OS? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get them to upgrade my phone to 4.5 or higher now and not when AT&T decides in it's infinite wisdom I'm ready for it.

Thanks,
David
Old 01-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordag View Post
I get the BB Connection newsletter and they've sent out a couple talking about OS 4.5. First on 25 Nov and the last on 22 Dec 08. So I attempted to do it and after much frustration called AT&T tech support who after much time transferred me to RIM tech support who after a brief period told me. "AT&T doesn't allow you to upgrade beyond 4.2 which is on your phone now"

I can't even download a copy off the web and upgrade my phone. After going through the upgrade process I still have 4.2. RIM told me that AT&T has OS upgrades blocked until they ok them.

Why is AT&T not letting folks simply upgrade their OS? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get them to upgrade my phone to 4.5 or higher now and not when AT&T decides in it's infinite wisdom I'm ready for it.

Thanks,
David

You don't need them!! Just go to the stickie at the top of the 8100 forum. Download the 4.5 link to your PC. Install on the PC, Delete the vendor.xml file and load away!

Here is a step by step:

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 01-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (hope is everything!)

ATT can't stop you

Keep in mind though if you have a software issue they may not help much
Old 01-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
fordag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A

Thanks, I'll give this a shot. I gather the backup prior is in case anything goes wrong.
Closed Thread