Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
WestofLeft

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Subscribing to a feed

Please Login to Remove!

I checked the manual, but couldn't locate anything on this.

There is an RSS feed on a public radio station I would like to get put on my Storm 2 every Friday, after the show airs.

When I go to the podcast page, the show has two icons, "Subscribe to this podcast" and "Subscribe via iTunes". I can't sort out how to get this to d/l onto my phone regularly and automatically. I clicked on the podcast icon, but no joy.

Is it that there isn't a way?

Thanks.

Don.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

You will first need to find an RSS feed reader.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 09-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
WestofLeft

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Sorry for the long delay.

I used the RSS feed on the App Store, but it limits you to what you can feed and what you can't.

This is a tech I haven't really gotten into, as I read a LOT of news and so time is a factor for me. So I dunno if I really understand what I'm doing. Can the RSS feed really limit me like that?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Not sure what limitation you are talking about wrt to the blackberry podcast app.

The directory is rather short on content, but you can manaully subscirbe by URL. Did you try that and it wouldn't work?

The poor man's method would be to click on the podcast URL on the website and then bookmark it in your blackberry browser. When you highlight a header and open the browser menu, you will see "get audio". Click and download. If the file is too large, you will need to use the hotspot/wifi browser on a wifi connection to overcome the size limitation of the blackberry internet browser. But I can't see why you wouldn't be able to use the blackberry podcast app.