I'm using this for AIM, Google Talk, and Yahoo, and it seems good so far. There are a few things I'd like...
1. Instead of the popup for new messages, I'd love for them to show up in my messages folded with an icon on my home screen the way the official Google Talk app works. Have the conversations/usernames in the messages list until I "End Chat", and the icon on the home screen when there are unread messages. Obivously, some people will like it the other way, so this would need to be an option, not forced one way or the other...
2. I keep myself in my own AIM buddy list for testing things, and to send myself URLs so I don't have to retype them on the BlackBerry. This program seems to filter out any messages to myself, at least on AIM.
3. I'd like to be able to have my buddy list split with a bar I can collapse/expand for each IM name I'm signed in with, not have one big buddy list with everyone on it. Also, I'd like to be able to hide (or move to the bottom instead of the top) the bar/list of my different accounts that I can use. With this, I'd also like a separate collapsable area with all my current open conversations.
4. More information on AIM buddies: Idle time (on Yahoo, also), and more status options. AIM has a bunch of different statuses: Sidekick, Mobile, etc. I'd like to be able to see that information (without having to go to Buddy Info).
5. Control over system messages? When I sign in to Yahoo on my computer, my BB beeps and pops up a message (that I've been logged off because I signed on elsewhere). I'd like to at the very least be able to disable the beep.
I'm sure there's more, but overall it's a great app.
I've now twice been logged out of Google Talk with the message:
no more data available - expected end tag </stream:stream>
to close start tag <stream:stream> from line 1, parser stopped on
END_TAG seen ...<photo/></x></presence>...@1:7645
Google Talk away status isn't quite right. I have a buddy where buddy info shows:
Status (gmail.XXXXXX): Away
Status (GaimXXXXXXX): Available
So.. They're away from their desktop/gmail login, but logged into to Google Talk from Gaim. They show up as away in my JiveTalk, which they shouldn't.