Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
TravelinMan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Default Deleting Email

Please Login to Remove!

I just got an 8700c with Cingular and am new to BBs (switched from Sprint i500 Palm Phone). I have the 8700c synced to my corp email and am receiving and sending emails without issue. I can even see in Outlook, my replys and sent messages. However, when I delete a message in the BB it is not deleting in the Exchange server and on my Outlook. Anyone know why? Is this a handheld or admin setting? I currently have the delete setting (in messages) on the BB set to device and mailbox.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
T
Old 12-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

I assume your are on BES.
Are your reconcillation settings set to auto-reconcile or have you done a reconcile now? I don't know about BES, but with BWC/BIS, if you don't have the settings correct it won't show deletions, unless you force reconciliation.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 12-17-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
tgray
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 243b354f

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You probably need to contact your company's help desk or BES admins. They should be familiar with your configuration and should be able to answer your questions better than any of us can.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

Check Message->Options->Email Reconciliation first. If it's set to delete on Mailbox & Handheld then you'll need to get in touch with your IT guys. If not, then set it to Mailbox & Handheld.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
cmaynard

Carrier: Cingular

I AM the "IT guy" for our company and I can't get this to work either. I have posted in several forums - even the BES admin forum to see if this is a setting on BES that I don't know about or if it is just a defect.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
saldous
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem. My old BB 6280 worked fine, but on the 8700 I delete messages on the BB and they are still there in my Exchange email. Reconcile is on and is set to delete on handheld and mailbox. Still doesn't work. Looks like a bug to me. (Using BES).
Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Default Working for me

I know we just upgraded our servers this weekend so I think we are on the latest BES version. Seems to be working both ways for me. Have you checked the RIM support website.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 AM   #8
celcius
Thumbs Must Hurt

I know you're talking about BES, but this is omewhat a related issue. I don't think deleting email works with Cingular's BIS either. I have it set in BIS to Enable permanent deletion (which means if I delete it from my BB it deletes it from the BIS too). I do have Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld, and Wireless Reconcile: On. But when I delete from my BB it doesn't delete it from my BIS account.

I called Cingular and told them this and the CSR told me that it takes 24-48 hours for it to happen. What? It should be nearly instantaneous I thought but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. A week later - today - I get a message saying that I've missed emails because my BIS account is full. I checked and sure enough all the emails that I've deleted are still there!

This is really ridiculous.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:15 AM   #9
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

On my cingular BIS it deletes after I delete from 8700c and it doe not take more than 15 minutes to happen.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:26 AM   #10
celcius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf1khal
On my cingular BIS it deletes after I delete from 8700c and it doe not take more than 15 minutes to happen.
This may be an odditiy with my account then, because it use to work for me, but doesn't anymore. I may call Cingular and ask them to reset that account.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #11
TravelinMan

Here's an Update

Spoke with my companies IT support. Aparently they are running an older version of BES server (did'nt know version) so at this point the handhelds and the exchange server do truely synch. I can receive email and reply through the exchange but deleting messages only occurs on the handheld. Their is no synch to calander or contact from the wireless, I must do this manually from a USB connect. Can't view attachments either. I believe that the latest server SW will allow full synch capabilities and they plan to upgrade in a few months. So for now, crippled functionality.

Now on my personal email on BIS, email are deleting within a few minutes off the server and I have being pulled off the email server. I can also view attachment swithout issue. Here's one quirk. With BIS enabled, new outgoing email uses BIS to send, not the BES exchange server. So I cannot choose which account to send from, just the one that I set up as a FROM in BIS.

New to the BB world and so far am pleased.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #12
cmaynard

I was able to solve my problem about not having BB deletions take place on my Desktop. I called BB support and they had me look at the ACL of my mailfile. I immediately saw that the group LocalDomain servers did not have access to delete documents. I quickly remedied that and felt stupid for not thinking of that myself. Things are working great now.
I don't think that deletions are taking place on my other email accounts that I have set up through BIS.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinMan
Here's an Update

Now on my personal email on BIS, email are deleting within a few minutes off the server and I have being pulled off the email server. I can also view attachment swithout issue. Here's one quirk. With BIS enabled, new outgoing email uses BIS to send, not the BES exchange server. So I cannot choose which account to send from, just the one that I set up as a FROM in BIS.

New to the BB world and so far am pleased.
From what I understand is that Cingular is now doing a beta test on the new BIS which will accomodate us to reply under multiple accounts. Hopefully it will happen in Jan.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:46 AM   #14
TravelinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaynard
I was able to solve my problem about not having BB deletions take place on my Desktop. I called BB support and they had me look at the ACL of my mailfile. I immediately saw that the group LocalDomain servers did not have access to delete documents. I quickly remedied that and felt stupid for not thinking of that myself. Things are working great now.
I don't think that deletions are taking place on my other email accounts that I have set up through BIS.
Where is this setting, handheld or Outlook? How can we find it? Or is this an admin setting on the Exchange Server.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:43 PM   #15
celcius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
This may be an odditiy with my account then, because it use to work for me, but doesn't anymore. I may call Cingular and ask them to reset that account.
I called Cingular (data services) and asked them reset the account. Basically asked them to delete the WebClient account so I could just start a new one with the same information. It was simple enough to do and within a few minutes I was back up and working again.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #16
gkolleng
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Default Could it be....

that even though you have the "Delete on Mailbox & Handheld" option enabled, you have "Desktop Wins" for Conflicts? So when you delete the email on the BB since it's still in the desktop Inbox that wins and email doesn't delete.

I dunno, just a thought...
Old 12-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #17
celcius
Thumbs Must Hurt

No, had it as Handheld wins.

I could see what you mean, but the fact of the matter was that the BB wasn't communicating properly to the WebClient and vice versa.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:04 PM   #18
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50

I just started having this issue.

This must just be my lucky day.

All of a sudden e-mail reconciliation has stopped working.

I'm using the Web Client. When delete messages off my BB they are deleted off the Web Client. However, when I delete messages from the Web Client they are not being removed from the BB.

This has worked fine up until this morning and I've tried everything.

1. Checked all settings, they are correct.
2. Removed and resent Web Client service book.
3. Cingular re-activated my BB.
4. RIM re-activated the wireless reconciliation feature on my account.

Nothing's worked. RIM has opened a ticket for me and will keep my informed but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and found a fix.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:34 AM   #19
Phillip

Model: 7100g

Had the same problem with my 7290 and having it with my new 8700 as well. I hope someone can find a fix b/c I hate having to delete emails manually on the web client or setting auto aging rules.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #20
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

This wasn't working for me either until I went into the reconcile settings and set it to prompt me to delete on mailbox and handheld. It worked and it worked almost instantaneously.

Closed Thread