BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
ztaz

Model: 8100
Question 8100 vs 8700 ? experienced with both ?

Please Login to Remove!

i just ordered an 8100 (it should arrive wednesday), but after doing some reading at these forums, now i am wondering if i should exchange the 8100 for the 8700...

does anyone know if a newer non-pearl non-trackball blackberry will be coming, or is the scroll wheel finished :( thanks

i don't care about the camera, music/video player. i do like the gps function. as far as i know i can upgrade the 8700 software to the same exact OS as the 8100 (?)... other than the screen size and the qwerty keyboard and size and looks and ruggedness of the units, what's the difference. does the 8700 have memory leak problems? are the processors the same? anything else i should be aware of? is the 8700 screen as vivid and striking as the 8100? i do like the scroll-wheel better than the trackball, and the 8700 seems less fragile than the 8100. but the 8700 is two years old, there has got to be something outdated about it? whats the difference? the battery seems to be better on the 8700 too (?)... thanks thanks thanks
Old 03-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Just get the best of both worlds.....get the 8800.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
pik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

had them both, still have them, just 2 hrs ago picked up the 8800 and both will be for sale soon, I liked everything about the pearl, except it was just so light/fragile feeling imo. also the ring speaker wasn't as loud. got used to sure type quickly.

the 8700 is a beast, esp after handling the 8100 for a while... i never cared for the scroll wheel, although i'm a lefty. i didn't care for the keyboard on the 8700, i liked qwerty but the "c" that i have the keys feel stiff. i'll chime in later, gotta get out of work!
Closed Thread