Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #21
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito View Post
Wake-up call for Blackberry. They are falling farther and farther behind the competition even if they have the largest share in the smartphone market.

Even more so after today as Apple just previewed OS4 for iphone. Multitasking and support for multiple Exchange Accounts. BB doesn't even support 1 without adding extra software.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #22
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Now the iPhone can walk and chew gum at the same time (a direct quote from today's New York Times). More Kool Aid for the iCult - whoopee!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #23
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Now the iPhone can walk and chew gum at the same time (a direct quote from today's New York Times). More Kool Aid for the iCult - whoopee!
Say what you want, but Apple is moving forward while RIM is spinning its wheels using buzz words like "super apps" to described applications like their dismal Facebook app. Meanwhile, RIM's app store still doesn't work right and is an outright joke.
But hey, I hear BB OS6 will have a new cool theme when it comes out next year! WIN!

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 04-08-2010 at 01:07 PM..
Old 04-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #24
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I wonder - why are you on this board if all you ever do is post about the Wonder That Is Apple. Shouldn't you be on MacRumors or somplace else?

More Kool Aid for ArgonNJ. A new iPhone that everyone will have to have!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #25
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I wonder - why are you on this board if all you ever do is post about the Wonder That Is Apple. Shouldn't you be on MacRumors or somplace else?

More Kool Aid for ArgonNJ. A new iPhone that everyone will have to have!
As a BB users as well, I keep hoping to find news that RIM is actually evolving like the rest of the smart phone market. Instead all we get are rehashes of old hardware and empty promises.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #26
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Business still uses the BlackBerry and believes in RIM.

Consumers and cultists flit from device to device (droid, Android, iPhone 3, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4). So on the iPhone 4 you get multitasking (wow; "we may not be first, but we will be best" - Chairman Steve) and you wet your pants.

Different markets.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #27
toddz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Plus 1 for me, I never thought that Skyfire would amount to anything.

As for BlackBerry falling further behind, I have to think there is some truth to that statement. It is always easier to design a new system from scratch than to continually upgrade existing systems. I can't even imagine the amount of testing that goes into a new version of Desktop Manager. The good thing is that RIM keeps moving forward and adding features, once they stop or reverse course then that is cause for alarm.

toddz
Old 04-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #28
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Business still uses the BlackBerry and believes in RIM.

Consumers and cultists flit from device to device (droid, Android, iPhone 3, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4). So on the iPhone 4 you get multitasking (wow; "we may not be first, but we will be best" - Chairman Steve) and you wet your pants.

Different markets.
It goes without saying that RIM will rule the business world, at least for now. However, the consumer market is where the money because, like you say, consumers flit from device to device. They change devices more often and therefor are more profitable as compared to business that might buy one device per user every few years or so.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #29
Tour Themes

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A

If you're talking about webkit then I believe that comes out seperate from OS. Mid summer, most likely.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #30
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito View Post
Wake-up call for Blackberry. They are falling farther and farther behind the competition even if they have the largest share in the smartphone market.
Odd.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #31
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

They will probably end up releasing it like they did like BBM 5.0

I just hope they implement it better, where you don't have 2 entries for "Browser" like we do with BBM.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #32
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

The CEO of Adobe was just on CNBC and said that RIM is adding Flash capability.

He was answering a question about the ipad not supporting Flash and the implications for the future of Flash. So he mentioned several manufacturers who were supporting/adding Flash, which included RIM.

I think he said summer, but can't remember what exactly he said that makes me think that. Anyway, it's more than a rumor if the Adobe Chief is mentioning it on CNBC.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #33
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
The CEO of Adobe was just on CNBC and said that RIM is adding Flash capability.

He was answering a question about the ipad not supporting Flash and the implications for the future of Flash. So he mentioned several manufacturers who were supporting/adding Flash, which included RIM.

I think he said summer, but can't remember what exactly he said that makes me think that. Anyway, it's more than a rumor if the Adobe Chief is mentioning it on CNBC.
The popularity of the ipad will determine the future of flash. If it becomes widely popular, then many sites will simply use HTML 5 to maintain ipad compatibility. Flash has lots of bagage, performance and security wise. BB users should not be excited that flash is coming to the BB.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #34
skeevecr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
The popularity of the ipad will determine the future of flash. If it becomes widely popular, then many sites will simply use HTML 5 to maintain ipad compatibility. Flash has lots of bagage, performance and security wise. BB users should not be excited that flash is coming to the BB.
The new browser is fully compliant with html5 as well, flash support will be in addition to not instead of anything, giving people more choice rather than dictating what they should use is a reason to be excited.

One obvious point to make, there seems such a double standard with blogs and forums, the blackberry os is supposedly so old and beyond saving, yet the headline features of os4 seem to be things that blackberry has done for ages, while the changes coming for blackberry get dismissed or ignored since they don't fit the meme.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #35
neil154
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

I have a Storm 2 and can not figure out how to use the cursor mode. Can some one explain how to use it. Once I convert to cursor mode I can move the cursor but once it is located on somethingI can see how to "hit enter"
Old 04-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #36
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
I have a Storm 2 and can not figure out how to use the cursor mode. Can some one explain how to use it. Once I convert to cursor mode I can move the cursor but once it is located on somethingI can see how to "hit enter"
It is considered bad manners to hijack a thread as you have done.

Please post your question in a new thread in the proper section (probably the General Blackberry will do for starters).

This section is for rumor control, not specific "how to" questions and problems.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #37
neil154
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

I will ask my question properly
Closed Thread