BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 02:44 AM   #161
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

I hate to complain but this has been the most frustrating ordeal i've experienced in a long time. First, I had to do many searches and read many post to find the link to Pocketday. For some reason I guessed it would have been in the first post. Then, I clicked the buy now button which took me to paypal. Not my regular paypal where all my accounts and credit cards are stored but a paypal thay knew nothing about me. I had to compare ip addresses to make sure I was really on paypal then I had to wake up the wife to get her credit card.

After completing paypal I got a receipt via email that didn't have a link. Yep, this meant I had to search again because I closed the browser to make sure I closed my paypal session. Finally I got the application loaded but the receipt has a Transaction ID: and a Receipt Number:, neither of which works to activate the software.

Where are the instructions? How did all you guys figure this out? I feel stupid and pissed as hell!
Old 05-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #162
crs

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

Soapm,

All the information for download, installing, etc. is on the web site...www.crossriversystems.com/pocketday

Click download and the install instructions are in the readme.doc file

If you paid, you will have gotten a notice from cross river systems about your order and information required to send over the key.

Mark
Old 05-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #163
Soapm

Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
Soapm,

All the information for download, installing, etc. is on the web site...www.crossriversystems.com/pocketday

Click download and the install instructions are in the readme.doc file

If you paid, you will have gotten a notice from cross river systems about your order and information required to send over the key.

Mark
Mark, I apologize but it was very late last nights when I decided to switch from BBToday to PocketDay. The decider was the placement of the devices (battery, antenna strength etc..) being on the menu bar as opposed to a seperate field.

My problem was with finding, buying and registering the software. Once I found it I easily got it downloaded and installed. You are correct, there are installation instructions. What I didn't find last night was something that said I would get a seperate message asking for my pin etc... Because of this, I spent hours trying different combinations of the numbers which were provided hoping to get it to activate.

Why did your buy now button take me to a different flavor of Paypal than I normally use for all my other online purchases? One can't be too careful in the days of phishing and any registered user of paypal can tell you they are the most phished.

Also, since this tread advertises the software along with discusses it's improvements it would help if you put the link you just provided in the initial post. When you google pocketday you get plenty of forums etc...

EDIT:

I forgot one other suggestion, the other reason I bought this was the reply to addresses in the menu.

I have mine listed as;

Chuck Pager = Responses or messages to text pagers
Chuck Work = Work emails
Chuck Home = My personal email's

Even though this is how I list them in the menu for easy recognition and less chance for mistaken identy that is not how I would like them to appear to the person receiving the message. I would like them to see Chuck Lastname or just Chuck. Does this make since?

Last edited by Soapm; 05-22-2005 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #164
crs

Chuck,

The paypal screen that you're taken to is the only one I (as a merchant) have access to. There's an option to log into your existing paypal account as well as just to use a credit card without an account.

Unfortunately, for the reply-to, whatever you see on the menu is what the user will see when they click reply.

Mark
Old 05-23-2005, 10:45 AM   #165
deo.888
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t

Hello I just checked out Pocket Day for the first time and love it. One question though is there anyway to have unread SMSs show up on the home screen? I see that you can have unread e-mails but no unread SMSs.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:57 AM   #166
crs

Unfortunately, RIM does not allow BlackBerry developers access to SMS at this time.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #167
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Mark,

When PD is working normally I can highlight an e-mail and the little letter icon changes to a black triangle. If I scroll off the e-mail the triangle changes back to the letter icon. However a couple of times recently when I would highlight an e-mail, the black icon would appear but would not change back to the letter icon when I scrolled off. And if I had several e-mails I could not tell which one was highlighted because as I scrolled by them the black triangle would appear next to all of them and not change back. A couple hours later the problem would go away but it has returned at least once more.

Randy
Old 05-24-2005, 08:30 AM   #168
crs

Randy,

I've seen this before. The BB somehow has not released the shift lock. To get rid of this, just press the shift key and all will return to normal.

Mark
Old 05-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #169
Wavester
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: the tail on a donkey
Carrier: T-Mobile

Mark,
I did an ota upgrade to 2.13 and went onlie to download on my computer. when i use the desktop manager it is telling me that the downloaded version is 2.12 and a downgrade.

Have I made a mistake or is the website still pointing to the 2.12 version?

Dante
Old 05-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #170
crs

Dante,

If you do an OTA upgrade and prior to that you did a desktop manager install, then it does think it's a downgrade. To eliminate this error, delete pocketday from your PC where you installed it from. Then the desktop manager won't bother you about it.

Mark
Old 05-26-2005, 09:39 AM   #171
Wavester
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: the tail on a donkey

Exactly what I did. That was a quick reply. Are you lurking inside my blackberry?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:03 PM   #172
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

Just a note, during the week I would catch my blackberry attempting to send/receive data non-stop. The interesting thing to note is that once I completely closed the PD application, this activity stopped. It didn't happen the entire time I had the PD application running, but once it started the only way to stop it was to close down the entire application. Along with this, I was getting no stock information, so what I assumed happened was that the BB was trying to access the stock information, was not able to, and was therefore initiating a never-ending refresh. I upgraded from 2.12 to 2.13 and now have my stocks back and the never-ending refresh SEEMS to have stopped, although it has only been about 30 minutes since my upgrade. Anyone else have this problem and, if so, know if I have solved the issue by upgrading to 2.13 and getting access to stocks again?
Old 05-26-2005, 04:03 PM   #173
bgate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

I agree with dkmadrid. I have spied my BB in a continuous send/receive cycle and exiting PD was the only way to stop it. I am running 2.13.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:06 PM   #174
rta53

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgate
I agree with dkmadrid. I have spied my BB in a continuous send/receive cycle and exiting PD was the only way to stop it. I am running 2.13.
Had the same thing happen to me this morning although it eventually stopped. First time I have seen this.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:48 AM   #175
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Mark,
2.17 is almost perfect! Great additions. The only significant thing I would like to see is the space bar page down when reading an email and voice mail notification which I understand is not possible due to RIM. This may have been discussed but a way to identify high importance emails (icon or color change) would also be on the wish list.
If you are going to purchase any BB aftermarket software, this should be it.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:21 AM   #176
crs

All,

2.17 has been released...changes / enhancements include:

• Added a new Keyboard Locking mechanism (see Settings/Key Mapping). The default key is the ‘K’.
• Added a new option to enable the Backlight when an email is received (this is great for the 7100 series devices). This only works when the device is NOT in the holster.
• Correction to Weather and Stock refresh when No Cell Service to skip the cycle instead of keeping on trying
• Work around for Unknown Missed Calls to show all others (this is a known RIM bug and will be corrected in the next handheld software release from RIM)
• Changed so that PIM information is refreshed after a Desktop or Wireless Synchronization
• Expanded the Color selections to use the full range of BlackBerry Colors
• Realigned the Title Bar for 7100 series devices
• Realigned the Weather and Stocks for the 7100 series devices
• For the 7100 made the ‘Q’ key behave the same for Replying to an Email
Old 05-27-2005, 08:23 AM   #177
PhilMax

Model: 7100g

Mark, this also corrects the intermittent problem of replying to messages opened from PocketDay?

Who says they can't teach an 'old dog' new tricks!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:27 AM   #178
crs

Yes.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #179
PhilMax

Model: 7100g

Those 7100 adjustments are absolutely great! Thanks so much!

Who says they can't teach an 'old dog' new tricks!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:57 AM   #180
jubrand

Model: 8900

New version is almost perfect......couple questions though.

Would it be possible to set a timed locking mode for PD now that you can keyboard lock it with the "l" mapping? Is it possible to allow mapping to the # and * buttons?
Closed Thread