Old 06-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default trackball issue

Please Login to Remove!

My trackball seems to be working now, but just as I went to lunch it would not scroll up at all only down, I turned the device off then back on to no avail, then it got worse and wouldn't scroll up or down. For clarity, the trackball physically moved, but the OS did not register it and would not move the highlight. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, do I have to just bring it back and get a new device?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
EmptyInTheHead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

It probably just needs to be cleaned. I just had this same issue, would now scroll down or I would have to scroll about 10 times to get it to move once. I took it apart and cleaned it using the instructions found on this forum and it is now working perfectly.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyInTheHead View Post
It probably just needs to be cleaned. I just had this same issue, would now scroll down or I would have to scroll about 10 times to get it to move once. I took it apart and cleaned it using the instructions found on this forum and it is now working perfectly.
That's scary, as we have only had the phone for a couple of weeks and we already have to clean it. I was afraid that this would happen. :(
Old 06-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyInTheHead View Post
No way in the world am I opening up the device after only one week of owner ship, if dirt is causing it to malfunction this soon, then back it goes. Let's hope this is not the case as the phone is pretty kick azz otherwise.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

A little alcohol on a Q-tip works great. Also try pressing the trackball while rolling it. That will also dislodge anything that might be in the way.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please search the forums. This has been discussed many times. You can blow on it or use canned air to blow it out. Or just push and roll the trackball as suggested above. That will usually dislodge the small piece of lint or dust that is hanging it up. It happens to me maybe once a month. It happens more if I put it in my pocket. It's not defective and doesn't need to go back.
Closed Thread